Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My laserpointer doesn't make a DOT, but a strange wave, who can help me?

Laik

Yeah those would work, but you get ten of them remember.

I have in total four lasers, that make this sh*tty strange point, so i need to change them all....

Yes. i have buyed a kind of module, two modules. One makes nice dots the other makes 4x this strange thing. ( one module have 4 lasers on top ) so i have to change them all!

Last edited:

Laik

Try using the search bar and come back if you can't find anything :)

Laik

Search for the difference between acrylic and glass lenses, there is a thread that will help you. We can't spoon feed you :)

Search for the difference between acrylic and glass lenses, there is a thread that will help you. We can't spoon feed you :)

Hmm.. The only difference i can find about it is that a acrylic could melt because it is of plastic?? Is this the only difference?

Wich do you prefer for a 640nm red laser?

Laik

Yeah, and glass typically has an AR coating which is what makes the difference. Its the outer plastic part that melts, not the actual lens. My choice of lens would be a G-1 but they are expensive, i prefer an AR coated lens over a regular lens.

Okay that's clear and if you have to choose one of this two that i have showed in the link?
Wich would you choose than?

Laik

How powerful are the other lasers you are replacing the lenses with? If it is 200mW and under you should be fine with using the acrylic lenses. If you don't mind spending the extra money i would go for the glass lens, they are only have 2 elements as well. Hope we helped! :)

Okay thanks it is <200mW. And i don't want to spend to much... So Acrylic is a option for me. Thank you! I will show the results if it has helped after a few days/weeks.

Laik

No problem and i hope you get your new lenses soon :beer: