Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My first white shine

Well i was playing around today with my 2 new lasers and my green from led shoppe and got these.
0208092151-00.jpg

0208092152-00.jpg

Heh my CCD doesnt like me anymore  ::) ::) ;) ;) ;D
Edit: heres a pic of my lasers for any one who wanted to see
0208092204-00.jpg

Ha, you have the same squiggles i have on my camera lens. From getting a stray beam to the camera right?

:mad: ::) Whatever, mines an old 3.5MP that should probably be replaced anyways.

Benm

Looks like you burned it down to 3.4 MP by now - poor sensor ;)

D

Deleted member 8382

I had nver imagined ccd could get laser damage and so i wanted to make an idea of what would i see if a laser go in my eye, and yes, i actually have the same permanent lines in the camera.

hail my brain.

Yours,
hallucynogenyc

Benm

CCD cameras can be easily damaged by intense light, perhaps even easier than the human eye. Taking a picture of the sun on a clear day can damage at least the color filter, but even the actual sensor in some cases. Not that staring at the sun with bear eyes is safe though, but at least that hurts enough not to keep doing it ;)

CCD cameras don't know how to shut down the aperture unlike conventional SLRs...
Area of exposure = (pi)[(f/2N)^2), F = focoal length and N = fstop

I can take a picture of the sun with my Pentax MX at F22 1/250 and it won't burn a hole on 35mm film. but a digital camera pointed at the sun it'll cook itself before knowing to shut the aperture down. :mad:

interesting snake vine damage though, my last camera just had "bad sectors" that pool around the center like water on dry soil

I've got a small dot on my 10MP camera. It sucks. I got the camera for free in the lost and found section of the restaurant I used to work at anyway so I am not too upset.