Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My First DIY-Red

kaeus

After 3 broken diodes, I've managed to do it this time.

The diode is running off of 4.5V through a circuit with 5 Ohms of resistance and a 47uF capacitor. I failed at making DDL's circuit (I'll look into it more once I improve my soldering), so this is the best I could do. I'm not quite sure how much power I'm feeding into it, as I fail at using my own multimeter (I think somewhere between 300 and 350 mA) but it works well.

The housing is an Element 3W (3xAAA's) and the top is the top part of a Maglite Mini screwed in (it fit in perfectly and holds in place). Now I have to secure the housing, but for now its held at an angle in place with an LED module I ripped off some old circuitry I got from throw away stuff at work. It is almost visible at night in my room, but I sprayed some air spray to make it more visible (and make my room smell nicer). It burns nice holes in plastic and cuts tape. Unfortunately, all I have is pictures at the moment, but I'll try to get videos over the Thanksgiving break.

After all this, I want a Nova x-105 even more now, as I hear much better things about green lasers and visibility (plus the lens cap set looks fun).

Here are the pics:

S7301478.jpg

Complete Laser

S7301480.jpg

Front of the Laser (LED not actually wired, just holding the housing in place)

S7301476.jpg

Beam with air freshener

S7301483.jpg

Another shot of the beam with air freshener

S7301482.jpg

A shot where I had flash on like an idiot...

I'll post more pictures when I go home for break next week.

Rhith

Although already stated on IRC, some clearer pictures would be nice but it looks great so far!