Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My first build

Kevlar

Whew, I finally finished this build! After totally messing up my first host I ordered another. I have the rckstr driver set to 434mA, wish I had a LPM to measure the output :yabbem:.

I'll post more details and pics tonight when I can get some beam shots!!

Kevlar

My first build -- Finished

Ok, so here are some pics. After getting a few recommendations I decided to jump one of the battery connections so I'm only using 2XAAA (10440) instead of 3.
DSCN1591-resized.jpg

DSCN1586-resized.jpg

DSCN1587-resized.jpg

DSCN1592-resized.jpg

Now some beam shots...

DSCN1599-resized.jpg

DSCN1597-resized.jpg
:)

Last edited:
Good job :) the only thing I see that might be a potential problem....the driver could touch the inner wall of the host, possibly shorting it out. Maybe line the wall with electrical tape? Wrapping driver would be easier, but I'm thinking that might not allow proper cooling.

Kevlar

Wow! I thought this thread got knocked ALL the way down and no one would every see it again!! LOL. Thanks for you compliment and suggestion! Actually, since I posted this I did exactly just that. I lined the inside of the wall with electrical tape because of that very reason, heat from the driver. I noticed these rckstr drivers get pretty warm.

The other thing I did since then was to adapt your battery mod idea!! That is a great mod btw! :D The only difference is I used a 0.5mm neodymium-iron-boron rare-earth magnet between the two batteries instead of making a spacer.

I gave you +1 rep for that idea!

Last edited:
Sounds like you're well on the way to making great builds, doing the most important step, doing the research :) I'm glad you liked the battery mod, and thanks for the rep.

Cheers,

Ray