Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My Argon "beginner kit" Arrived today.

GR3EN

It's not really a beginner kit but seeing some of the ones other people have it's just a smaller argon outputting only 6mw which is all I need. The biggest thing that got me was the power supply only using 120v cord which makes it more reasonable for my outlet situation. Well in terms of info that is about all I have. Now for some pics.

313iv61.jpg

2nvfqsm.jpg

v4q91z.jpg

106bkno.jpg

2m84e1h.jpg

Here is the 473nm and 488nm comparison

jb0mc7.jpg

There is the pretty obvious and rather large "spare" dot almost. Not sure if a result of dirt somewhere or whether it came off production like that and was just looked past as it was going into a confocal microscope. Anyways, there it is.

the secondary spot is pretty common, it's due to a reflection inside the tube. don't worry about it, but it it bugs you, remove it with a spatial filter.

GR3EN

the secondary spot is pretty common, it's due to a reflection inside the tube. don't worry about it, but it it bugs you, remove it with a spatial filter.

Good to know thanks. Doesn't bother me that much. It is only about half as bright in person. The photo makes it look extra obvious

Last edited:

diachi

Your camera captures both 473nm and 488nm really well - You can clearly see the difference in colour!

GR3EN

It didn't at first. I custom set the color balance on the camera. I have one custom setting that works great on every other laser. Then I plugged this one in and the camera didn't know what to do. Had to put the balance more towards green a bit, but that only takes 2 clicks on my camera. I use a Sony NEX-6.

pretty little tube. I dont see those very often anymore since most of those microscopes have gone to solid state. I have a small spectra physics 488 laser that's used for stuff like that. 488 has always been one of my most favorite wavelengths. enjoy your blue photons! wonder what the specs/power consumption is for that laser

Last edited:

diachi

It didn't at first. I custom set the color balance on the camera. I have one custom setting that works great on every other laser. Then I plugged this one in and the camera didn't know what to do. Had to put the balance more towards green a bit, but that only takes 2 clicks on my camera. I use a Sony NEX-6.

Ahh I see, well good job on setting the colour balance! Most cameras usually see it as a kind of sky blue, hell sometimes my brain has a hard time deciding what to do with it! Some days it's greenish other days it looks blue.

GR3EN

Ahh I see, well good job on setting the colour balance! Most cameras usually see it as a kind of sky blue, hell sometimes my brain has a hard time deciding what to do with it! Some days it's greenish other days it looks blue.

It looked more green to me personally, It seemed like I couldn't even replicate the color on my camera to what I personally saw so I just tried to get it as close to possible