Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Multimeter Help!!!

Reiign

I decided to use one of my multimeters for the parts inside it. So i could mount it all in a box and have proper connections for my ophir sensor to join up etc. I have almost finished everything except im stuck with the lcd screen.

Elastomeric LCD connector normally sandwhiches between motherboard and lcd screen. I am hoping for a bypass to this. Hopefully one of you knows a bit about these :) Thanks heaps!

2ajnbqq.jpg

It's a Zebra Strip. What exactly are you looking to do? Replace it with wires? You can't, which is why it is used instead of a ribbon connector in the first place. You'd need an identical LCD display that has a pin header instead of the nonsolderable conductive pads like the above one has.

Reiign

so the only way to get this to work is with the pink strip? Is there a way of joining it without the plastic to hold it in place?

Yep, you need the strip. Alignment of those zebra strips is a pain, which is why they mount them in plastic or make the entire assembly very stable.

Reiign

hmm doesnt sound like its going to work for what i am doing. Trying to find a cheap multimeter now with a seperate screen (ribbon cable)

Just search for a digital voltmeter module on ebay, they're incredibly inexpensive and work great for DIY projects.

Reiign

Well i was going to use it for my ophir's readout display. Thought it would be an awesome cheap way of doing it. The day has turned quite alot and i have brought an arduino uno and have set it up for data logging. Now trying to hook up an lcd with the data logging on the screen. I brought another multimeter and it turned out to be the same so yeh this seems to be the road to go down lol and i have one of them displays already actually. Didnt think it would work to well as it was only 3 numbers.