Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Mitsubishi G84 638nm 2500mW inquiry?

jors

Is O-like good to order from yet?

It's been years like 4 since I last dealt with them.

Few weeks ago emailed O-like. Despite their site is showing stock they told me they don't stock G84 anymore. ALL of my providers are surprisingly out of stock, But '3 beam' diode version directly from Mitsu is available, in fact as I commented, following mitsu conversation '3 beam' G84 (ML562G84-02) is the ONLY oficial Mitsu brand diode.

Last edited:

jors

but the beam of that thing going to be a mess...... horrible divergence......

yessss
Full Width at 1/e2 θ⊥: 70 (P73 is 35)...not tested but expect expand near 10mm to achieve 1 mrad :(

Last edited:
ouch..... but it will make a good burner it hope since it rated for 2500mw it can be push to 3W+......??

jors

ouch..... but it will make a good burner it hope since it rated for 2500mw it can be push to 3W+......??

Waay better with blues for burner due their higher freq. Also, remember this one is 3 beams not parallel + designed for PULSE operation, so probably you're 'frying' diode even if CW @2,5W
Not useful for my modules/projectors...but anyway, a 'funny' diode thats for sure

Last edited:
i don't really understand why they use 3 emission source....... mind to ask Mitsu for me?

D

Deleted member 16589

OK since No one seemed to bother to cover the basics Let me start out by saying 2.5 watt is a Hell of a lot of power.
Why do you need so much red
what goggles to you have/Plan to buy to protect your eyes
What do you plan to do with this laser.

EDIT
WTF How is this on page 2 With no mention of laser safety.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vision

OK since No one seemed to bother to cover the basics Let me start out by saying 2.5 watt is a Hell of a lot of power.
Why do you need so much red
what goggles to you have/Plan to buy to protect your eyes
What do you plan to do with this laser.

EDIT
WTF How is this on page 2 With no mention of laser safety.

I just wanna buy it because its puts out 3 beams, that's about it.

I do have various glasses including 2 600-700nm for this one if I do decide to buy it. Been introduced to laser safety and various high powered lasers 1W+ from a young age(Refer to my intro), I already do know about all the precautions.

Thanks tho, appreciate people preaching safety first.

Last edited: