Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Might get an x85, have some questions

Right now im looking at getting an x85 with some sport elite goggles. I'm mainly interested in the beam outside and hole punching in random crap. I have a feel for what it can do after two days of searching online. Now my concern is my eyesight. Nova has the same sport goggles wicked uses and I'm considering getting those along with it, although with the x85 it might not show where the "dot" at the end of the beam is it all right? This could potentially be a bigger hazard too.

Any other recommendations, tips? Anything to help me choose.

Frosty

Oh you'll be seeing the dot, lol. Its bright. even with goggles you'll see it, just not the beam. Theres a vid around here somewhere of a x85 shining down a hallway, he putts the goggles over the camera for a sec to show what he is seeing. dot, dims but is still very visible. Worst case scenario, jsut look for the smoke..... kidding!! ;D

you got it confused

red laser + wicked's red elites = no dot = hazard
red laser + wicked's red lasershades = dot = perfect

green laser + wicked's green elites = dot = perfect
green laser + wicked's green lasershades = dot = perfect

you can't lose with green goggles

S

SenKat

Me_too_lazy, I second that synopsis ! ANY green goggles you get will be good, whether they are from Optotronics, Nova, or Wicked !

My x85 is here. Nova delayed my order so they tossed in a star shot diffraction for free. Now I need to know some safe ways to terminate the laser + any stuff to try with it. Liking it so far.