Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Melles Griot 05-LHP-401 power supply

shahid

Dear,
some very basic questions
I got this Melles Griot 05-LHP-401 1mW laser without power supply. online search states it need 12 vdc battery Wmax 9.5 Hz. here

I am wondering what should be the current value? where i can buy power supply for such laser? additionally, I would like to test if the laser is functional but the plug of the laser is bit strange it doesnt states which side is positive and negative? one terminal is longer than other

please help me with this
regards
Shahid

diachi

Dear,
some very basic questions
I got this Melles Griot 05-LHP-401 1mW laser without power supply. online search states it need 12 vdc battery Wmax 9.5 Hz. here

I am wondering what should be the current value? where i can buy power supply for such laser? additionally, I would like to test if the laser is functional but the plug of the laser is bit strange it doesnt states which side is positive and negative? one terminal is longer than other

please help me with this
regards
Shahid

That's a HeNe laser, you need way more than 12VDC ... That tube wants around~1.1kVDC (1,100V) to ~1.3kVDC at 4.5mA according to a quick search (sounds about right for a tube that small). Try and find power supply model 05-PSAF-829-045 or similar, someone may have one here. Input to the power supply in that case is 12VDC.

Find a HeNe laser power supply that has the female connector matching the laser's connector on the end. You can buy a connector with just the leads and connect it to an appropriate power supply yourself but it's easier to get the complete power supply. The connector is called an Alden connector.

Last edited: