Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Measure

How can I measure the MW of my laser?
The divergence? the diameter?
What is the transverse mode? how can i ceck it?

TNX :)

If you have a laser power meter it would be fairly easy (And obvious so im guessing you do not have one). Ive heard of people going to local universities and hospitals and such and they allow you touse theirs but then again i would imagine that method as a lot of other variables such as what university and their policies involving use of the public. You could always put a cheap power meter but then again they arent exactly wallet friendly :)

A for the Divergence, theres ways but they are pretty complicated. Its not really something the everyday guy is going to be able to actually physically test for him/herself.

SteelRain said:
If you have a laser power meter it would be fairly easy (And obvious so im guessing you do not have one). Ive heard of people going to local universities and hospitals and such and they allow you touse theirs but then again i would imagine that method as a lot of other variables such as what university and their policies involving use of the public. You could always put a cheap power meter but then again they arent exactly wallet friendly :)

A for the Divergence, theres ways but they are pretty complicated. Its not really something the everyday guy is going to be able to actually physically test for him/herself.
mmh... i haven't any laser power meter.... :\
and here the policies of hospitals,... are very "strong".
:\

If you wanna get a very loose and inaccurate beam divergence you could simply put a laser at a distance of a wall and then measure the dot there and do some maths. but then again you wont get the exact number simply because of hum an error and the different types of surfaces on stuff.