Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

LPP Laser Pumped Phosphor White light source FISBA

Face33

Hello,

This is my first post here so please forgive my ignorance. It’s my aim to learn and I hope have a bit to contribute .

I have an eBay business, that I’m happy to provide a link for if you want to pm me, that brings me into contact with a lot of commercial grade equipment, be it biomedical, aerospace, defense, we don’t really draw a line as to what we carry because our mission is to reduce commercial grade waste and repurpose some otherwise to-be-discarded items.

Finally we get to the post content. I come into contact with lasers and various precision optical stuff on a regular basis and while I’m no where near as well versed as you folks, I have been doing this for 15 years and consider myself well versed, or so I thought, in current laser tech.

I got a new batch of optical/laser stuff to post and ran into a commercial grade white light source manufactured by FISBA that I think is LLP but that’s mostly from comparing photos on their website to the fiber coupled device I have on hand.

I have reached out to the manufacturer who have claimed the unit was a one off made custom for a customer and they were unable to provide any details or data (even thought there is a clear picture of it in their promotional marketing material)

This is frustrating for many reasons but mostly because the devices interface is not the same basic serial connection I’m accustomed to and while I have a pcb board that I’m relatively certain goes with it, I don’t know enough about ether to risk damaging ether with my tinkering.

I was hoping you guys could offer any advice on what direction to take in testing such a laser. I don’t have a degree in electrical or optical engineering but I do have a decent work bench.
Any assistance is appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_1481.jpeg
    IMG_1481.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1482.jpeg
    IMG_1482.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1486.jpeg
    IMG_1486.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3

Back