Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lpc-815 sleds

Hi I'm a total noob with lasers. I accidently bought 13 lpc815 sleds the other day (instead of a single sled) so I could make a burning laser. So I decided to start actually doing some research this time before I decided on what other components I shall use. So I think I'm finally getting the basics down on how everything works together and the basic concepts but thrown by the amount of different products. Well now I'm officially hooked I will pretty much use all those sleds up in no time. Forgot how cool lasers are.

So my issue.
I live in Australia. And need everything except the diodes. I wanna build from scratch do not interested Pre built. But would like to know where I could get all the components I Need at once and preferably not too expensive.

Required components (I think I need)
Aixiz module blank. 8mm would be best for my first project but havnt seen too much around so can make a 12mm work
Glass lense
Ghost drive 2
Smallest battery to run it around 250mA
Safety glasses. This one wont be sparring any money on. After what I read here.

If u think I need something different / something extra or cAn show where I can get all I need at once. I would be very grateful and will send one of those sleds to helps the most.

Thanks
Shaun

Hey man, pretty good stock of sleds you got there!
Well regarding your battery, any li-ion combination will be able to power the driver. The driver will take care of current regulation.
Battery size mainly deals with capacity which is "mAh". Say your battery is 250mAh. That means it can supply 250 mA for one hour. If your battery is 125mAh, it can supply 250mA for 30 minutes.
Anyway, other than that, I'd just recommend getting a nice old heatsink to keep it cool. Although at 250mA, it won't get too hot.

Anyway, check out my builds (link is in my signature) for some good budget build ideas! A nice host is doesn't really need to be expensive. Function over form!

If you have any questions, let me know and I'd be happy to help as best as I can :)