Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking to make a 405nm 300mw laser...

Id just go for a host and heatsink made for the c6 as a package. I bought my first one here: C6 Aurora Torch Host and Module Heat-sink Kit - Detailed item view - OdicForce Lasers Online Shop

There is also survivallaser who sell the combo too, but they are a couple of dollars more expensive.

These sites also sell the heat sinks on their own if you prefer...Youll just have to wait 3 - 4 weeks for deal extreme ;)

AnthoT has just done a GB on heatsinks etc so these will probably flood the market soon. The ones he ordered are much cheaper and made of either aluminium or copper. If you wanted to wait you should be able to get one of those for less.

Not sure about the driver, it is constant current so it should be ok, but Id look around for more tried and tested ones on this site. You'll also need a test load to set and check it, as it has a pot to set the current.

You might like a focus adapter too? The aixiz one is quite small and fiddly.

Just suggested this to someone else, but you'll find a lot of useful info here: http://laserpointerforums.com/f51/i-want-build-laser-thread-52972.html

good luck