Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for powerful laser diodes

Hi everyone...
My name is George and I am a founder of Endurance lasers.
We make lasers in range 2.1W - 8W lasers using Nichia laser diodes.

Right now we would like to start making more powerful laser.
I am looking for suppliers for 8W-15W laser diodes in wavelength 405-808nm,
please advice good and stable supplier.

Thank you

Last edited:

diachi

Any package works or do you want 3.8/5.6/9mm?

About the only LD you're going to get at 15W is 808nm and none of them will be in 5.6mm/9mm packages, they'll mostly be fiber coupled (butterfly, 2-pin) or in C-mount/HHL/CCP.

The NUBM44 (9mm) can push maybe 10W at 445nm but I have no idea how reliable it'd be at those powers.

Last edited:
Any package works or do you want 3.8/5.6/9mm?

About the only LD you're going to get at 15W is 808nm and none of them will be in 5.6mm/9mm packages, they'll mostly be fiber coupled (butterfly, 2-pin) or in C-mount/HHL/CCP.

The NUBM44 (9mm) can push maybe 10W at 445nm but I have no idea how reliable it'd be at those powers.

yeah, something like C-mount is acceptable...
but would expect the mount not bigger than 9 mm or something...

NUBM44 we do 8W maximum with 7-7.2V.. some guys do up to 8V but it is getting too dangerous...

so... any other options... maybe put 2-3 diodes in one mount... did anyone consider that?

diachi

yeah, something like C-mount is acceptable...
but would expect the mount not bigger than 9 mm or something...

NUBM44 we do 8W maximum with 7-7.2V.. some guys do up to 8V but it is getting too dangerous...

so... any other options... maybe put 2-3 diodes in one mount... did anyone consider that?

C-mount dimensions should be close to the ones shown here:

Laser-Diode-on-C-mount1410nm.png

Sure, you can use multiple diodes. There's a bunch of DIY and commercial multi-diode modules out there. How do you plan on combining the beams?

C-mount dimensions should be close to the ones shown here:

Laser-Diode-on-C-mount1410nm.png

probably, yes

Sure, you can use multiple diodes. There's a bunch of DIY and commercial multi-diode modules out there. How do you plan on combining the beams?

ooo, that is a good question... probably something like 120 degree... but still not sure...

Encap

Hi everyone...
My name is George and I am a founder of Endurance lasers.
We make lasers in range 2.1W - 8W lasers using Nichia laser diodes.

Right now we would like to start making more powerful laser.
I am looking for suppliers for 8W-15W laser diodes in wavelength 405-808nm,
please advice good and stable supplier.

Thank you

You might try contacting laser diode manufacturers and ask them.
As far as I know nobody makes 405nm-808nm diodes with higher outputs than what you already are using other than 808nm C mount as mentioned by diachi.

Here is a company that makes excellent quality engraving and cutting heads using NUMB44 445nm diodes at reasonable prices.
They make a 12W cutting and engraving head using 2 NUBM44 diodes running at 6W each, You can have a look at what they make.
https://optlasers.com/en/engraving-laser-heads/179-plh-12000-engraving-laser-head.html

There are the problems of power supply, heat/overheat control, temperature protection and combining the beams accurately/effectively that drive the cost up.

Last edited:
You might try contacting laser diode manufacturers and ask them.
As far as I know nobody makes 405nm-808nm diodes with higher outputs than what you already are using other than 808nm C mount as mentioned by diachi.

Here is a company that makes excellent quality engraving and cutting heads using NUMB44 445nm diodes at reasonable prices.
They make a 12W cutting and engraving head using 2 NUBM44 diodes running at 6W each, You can have a look at what they make.
https://optlasers.com/en/engraving-laser-heads/179-plh-12000-engraving-laser-head.html

There are the problems of power supply, heat/overheat control, temperature protection and combining the beams accurately/effectively

thank you!
maybe it is time for us to think about fiber optics in terms of getting beams together... did anyone do that already?

I checked the link and it is quite expensive and also do not understand why do they use 24V...?!

Encap

thank you!
maybe it is time for us to think about fiber optics in terms of getting beams together... did anyone do that already?

I checked the link and it is quite expensive and also do not understand why do they use 24V...?!

24V ? Where did you get that? There is no mention of 24V on that web site?

You are better off searching google for fiber optic based cutting heads--they are available from many suppliers.

My guess is there is no way to make a low cost "me too" laser cutting head that is continuous wave output more powerful than what you are doing already pushing an NUBM44 to 8W which is more than it was designed to do for long life.

You could do higher pulsed output like the low cost Chinese cutting head products or a more expensive continuous wave multi diode combined beam cutting head as OPTLaser has done

While probably possible to make there is no viable economic reason for anyone to make 445nm diodes more powerful than what you are using at the present time.

If we only has what doesn't exist is always the big "if"--everything being possible in imagination.

You have a nicely done Endurance laser web site -- good luck.

Last edited:
I wish you well. But, it is unlikely you will find something totally new to offer as a product.

24V ? Where did you get that? There is no mention of 24V on that web site?

You are better off searching google for fiber optic based cutting heads--they are available from many suppliers.

My guess is there is no way to make a low cost "me too" laser cutting head that is continuous wave output more powerful than what you are doing already pushing an NUBM44 to 8W which is more than it was designed to do for long life.

You could do higher pulsed output like the low cost Chinese cutting head products or a more expensive continuous wave multi diode combined beam cutting head as OPTLaser has done

While probably possible to make there is no viable economic reason for anyone to make 445nm diodes more powerful than what you are using at the present time.

If we only has what doesn't exist is always the big "if"--everything being possible in imagination.

You have a nicely done Endurance laser web site -- good luck.

Thank you for your kind words...
Maybe there is one option just to do a fiber optics then if other varians do not make any sence...