Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for pictures/firsthand experiences with 420nm

julianthedragon

I know that a few 420nm diodes exist. Has anyone here purchased or seen one that would like to share some pictures or account of what it looks like? I'm mostly just curious. The closest I found is this 430nm. Other than that I couldn't find much in the way of 420nm while digging through the forum.

Screen Shot 2022-06-01 at 5.07.41 PM.png

TopGan offers diodes in that range, can be bought through RPMC for more than $1/nm, but less than $10/nm - not sure if I am allowed to share exact pricing, but it's not cheap. Some of the guys on the styro discord have tunable setups and confirmed that 422-423nm is a sweetspot between blue and purple, I intend to get one binned at that wavelength to fill one of the gaps in my sig after my wallet recovers from my recent crazy purchases.

Eidetical

I had a 420nm diode, but it got smoked while turning on. Still lookin' for another!

julianthedragon

TopGan offers diodes in that range, can be bought through RPMC
Hmm, looks like they have a single mode 50mw 420nm diode in stock right now with a price tag of $500 if I'm seeing this right
Some of the guys on the styro discord have tunable setups and confirmed that 422-423nm is a sweetspot between blue and purple
That's exactly what I would have hoped, I've always liked that color. I wonder what kind of tunable setups those were?

I had a 420nm diode, but it got smoked while turning on. Still lookin' for another!
Ahhh what a drag. Well for $500 you could have one apparently lol. Was that also from TopGan?

farbe2

I did see a 418nm diode once. It did not look much different to 405nm. Less purple and a little more blue.
However still very dark and (to my eyes) out of focus look just like a 405nm.

It was also a TopGan diode. (not mine though)

Last edited: