Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for cheap lenses or prisms?

I found a site where you can get 20 lenses for $7.95 and 10 prisms for $19.95.
Prism Grab Bag
Lens Grab Bag
Anchor Optics said the lenses may have some scratches of chips and there are no returns for either item but they seem pretty good for the money. However, I'm pretty sure these lenses are too big to fit at the front of a laser.

Angdvl089 said:
I found a site where you can get 20 lenses for $7.95 and 10 prisms for $19.95.
Prism Grab Bag
Lens Grab Bag
Anchor Optics said the lenses may have some scratches of chips and there are no returns for either item but they seem pretty good for the money. However, I'm pretty sure these lenses are too big to fit at the front of a laser.

Hi Angdvl089,

Check out our lenses and prisms at Optotronics.
They are inexpensive, but not cheap quality.
All optics are new without any chip or scratches and are individually wrapped.
That grab bag stuff is really beat up and just all thrown in a bag and it gets even worse during shipping.

If there is something you're looking for that isn't listed, just email us as we have tons of optics that we haven't put on the website yet.

Jack

Daedal

Retail for $80? I'm not sure these would be so useful... :-?

I'd go with Optotronics personally... Their price vs. bang ratio has to be HUGE! Although I never measured it personally yet. ;D

--DDL

Aseras

I've raided this place before http://surplusshed.com/ sometimes they have decent things. Depends on what you need.

The biggest ripoff is edmund optics. Very $$$. Their "grab bag" is broken crap.

Optotronics kit looks awesome. I need to get one.. I keep saying that..

What lens do you need to make the laser stronger, as you can see in some videos there they try to burn a match but it wont light up and then it works with some lens, the lens you get with nova's lens holder,is that a lens that makes it more focused or whatever those lenses do?

Aseras

A magnifying glass/lense or a double convex lense ( same thing ) will give you a tight focal point.

Aseras

Angdvl089 said:
The collimating lens.

a colliminating lense(s) makes the laser not diverge or converge. if you want better burning you want convergance to a point to make more power go into a smaller space.

There's no such thing as a lens that can make a laser more powerful - that would be even better than perpetual motion. What you want is to focus the laser down to a point at a certain distance. At that point the whole of its energy is packed into a tiny dot, making it great for burning at that distance. Almost any lens will do this, although the distance of the focal point will change from lens to lens. You just basically need a converging/focusing lens, IE an everyday magnifying glass (just like burning paper with the sun)