Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for a laser to burn matches

Hexify

Hi I'm looking for a cheap laser that can burn or ignite matches or fireworks. I've ordered a 200mw e1 pulsar red laser from wicked lasers bit it hasn't shipped et and maybe I should cancel it. What are some other cheap lasers an what color shoul I get? I posted this on iPhone so can't search Edit: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.25493 looks good aswell.

Last edited:

try Rayfoss.com or O-Like.com both very good vendors and output will be up to spec

I ordered one of these a while back and am very happy with it.

New Style red laser 200mW /adjustable [OLNRL200] - $44.99 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products

make sure you get some safety glasses to go with it!

I don't know how well these work but they should do the job. Red laser safety goggles/590-780nm protective goggles [OLRLG650] - $14.99 : Welcome to O-Like.com, Your source for laser products

I bought these for my red laser. It will cost more but they are very good quality safety glasses even though they aren't certified. The first time I put these on I forgot they blocked all the red light out and thought something was wrong with my laser pointer. you can't see the dot unless you are burning things close to your face. Laser Glasses - Red laser beam protection 600-740nm :: Laser Safety :: Dragon Lasers