Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking for a Good 5mw and 100mw

mod101

Right now im the market for a 5-30mw green laser pointer that has a very low divergence for showing off to friends and such. I was looking into getting one of swimminsuffer's laser pointers but hes sold out at the moment :(

I am also in the market for a 100mw of any color for doing burning experiments
Right now i am looking at RF532-100mW-B03 for burning, a simple 100mw focusable green that seems to be reliable as reviewed on this site. I was wondering if anyone had any good 100+mw laser that was decent for burning but not too expensive as i am a poor college student :(

Any help would be appriciated

Asherz

Right now im the market for a 5-30mw green laser pointer that has a very low divergence for showing off to friends and such. I was looking into getting one of swimminsuffer's laser pointers but hes sold out at the moment :(

I am also in the market for a 100mw of any color for doing burning experiments
Right now i am looking at RF532-100mW-B03 for burning, a simple 100mw focusable green that seems to be reliable as reviewed on this site. I was wondering if anyone had any good 100+mw laser that was decent for burning but not too expensive as i am a poor college student :(

Any help would be appriciated

Thanks for the rep, considering what you wrote is completely irrelevant and incorrect I'd appreciate it if next you want to leave someone feedback you make sure you fully understand the situation first.

On another note if your looking for a green laser your best bet is a pre built from O-like or rayfoss, best quality/$. If you want to get a bit more power and looks, buy a module from o-like, and one of ehgemus's custom machined hosts just slip the module in tighten the screw add a 3.7V battery and off you go.

oic0

You get get a 200mw red for under $50. O-like has em. That is probably the best bang for your buck. Any ol green pointer will be good.
As for the green, I would wait until swimnsurf gets some more stock. I have two of his and they are pretty good beam quality. Very thin very tight beam. You can play with that outdoors in the night sky pretty safely but a direct hit or beam reflection would burn your retina so I wouldn't play with it inside much or hand it to a stupid friend. The 200mw red will require some goggles to safely use though, ESPECIALLY for burning. Burning things you get very close and personal and have the dot very focused. Goggle time.

mod101

I was looking at swimsurfers thread earlier and his laser pointers do seem great. I was going to buy one till i found out he was out :( Hopefully he will get some soon. As for burning, the red laserpointer does sound like a better idea cheaper $/mw than green.

Does red have any ability to light white colored objects at 200mw. I'm thinking about conducting some research with ignition of different materials with laser pointers. any idea if anyone has tried this before?