Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Looking advice from pro to buy a 7.5Watts Striker Blue laser

Bobburger

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a 7.5Watts Striker Blue should I select single operation mode or multi operation mode.

Is it a good choice or there is something better?

What is the best 26650 battery that I can get is High current is important and capacity too?
I don't care about the price of the batteries.

Which goggle you suggest too.

Thank you very much for your suggestions.

Last edited:

BudJaret

Hi I'd like to know this too. I'm sorry, being a newb, I posted my similar question in a different forum, not searching first like I should have, but I have that same laser saved and ready to buy. I noticed Sanwu (recommends) single mide for that one for some reason. I would like to add to your questions to the experts here .. How is the focus of the beam spot a distance? I've heard high powered lasers widen pretty bad at distance. I don't want it to look like a flashlight at a half mile.
I'm with you too Bob regarding the batteries.

Sowee7

as far as i am aware, there are no 7.5W single mode diodes commercially available, the highest power single mode laser diode is a 1-2W sharp 405nm diode

BudJaret

Hi Sowee, I'm too new to copy the link herein, but when you go to Sanwu, select Striker, then select the 7.5w, below that you can select single mode or multi mode

Sowee7

Hi Sowee, I'm too new to copy the link herein, but when you go to Sanwu, select Striker, then select the 7.5w, below that you can select single mode or multi mode
do you have the correct laser safety glasses?

julianthedragon

That's referring to single or multimode switch operation, not the laser diode. The diode output is definitely multimode (i.e. high divergence, not a perfect circle). The multimode switch being offered there gives you things like low power mode, strobe, etc

Sowee7

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a 7.5Watts Striker Blue should I select single operation mode or multi operation mode.

Is it a good choice or there is something better?

What is the best 26650 battery that I can get is High current is important and capacity too?
I don't care about the price of the batteries.

Which goggle you suggest too.

Thank you very much for your suggestions.
well now that julian has clarified what you meant by multimode/singlemode operation, personally, i would choose singlemode operation as i like my lasers to be simple,