Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Liteon 20X DVD Writer

I was wondering if anyone has harvested an LD from one of these. I just got it today for my birthday and was thinking of tearing it apart. But I wanna make sure the LD will fit the Axiz housing. Well I have the specs and stuff on it. The model number is LH-20A1P33C:

DVD+R........Write Speed.........20X
DVD+R DL...Write Speed.........8X
DVD+RW.....Rewrite Speed......8X
DVD-R........Write Speed..........20X

Attachments

• Liteon.jpg
    Liteon.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 143

Larry I appreciate your helpful insight. I did recently tear my 4X burner apart for the LD. I did get this Liteon 20X from a friend for my birthday. I told him what I planned on doing with it. Quite frankly not to sound rude, but it is none of your business. I just wanted to know if the LD inside would work in an Axiz module. Also if anyone had any experience with this type of burner.

It doesnt work.

I have the same one...

Dont even try it though, me and gazoo have been trying to figuire it out.

The polarity of the thing, is really messed up...
I would keep it.

LarryQ said:
[quote author=Death Angel link=1190257107/0#2 date=1190259820]Larry I appreciate your helpful insight. I did recently tear my 4X burner apart for the LD. I did get this Liteon 20X from a friend for my birthday. I told him what I planned on doing with it. Quite frankly not to sound rude, but it is none of your business. I just wanted to know if the LD inside would work in an Axiz module. Also if anyone had any experience with this type of burner.

WOW......

You are right...it is none of my buisness...but then again I'M not the one asking for help with this!!!!

Based on your reaction..I will bow out...

You go do whatever the hell you want with that "GIFT".....no skin off my nose.....

I was only trying to help you.....I've read your posts here and elsewhere.. there practically "Begging" for someone to GIVE or trade you for a Green laser...I just thought that you might not be seeing what was GIVEN to you so much as what you saw ready to be carved up in the search for a diode!

But..your right on one point....it really is "None Of My Buisness"...so you go do whatever the hell you want.......

I'm done with you....

Larry

[/quote]

Someone needs a hug. *cough* *LarryQ* *cough*

Larry you took it the wrong way. I was stating that it is none of your business about how I obtained this drive. I was simply stating that as an opening for my topic. Geez relax man. Me asking for a green laser has NOTHING to do with the subject at hand. You grabbed this whole thing and blew out of proportion. You dont need to bash the fact that I was looking for someone to be nice and trade me a green laser. Geez I wish more people on here were like Senkat. I was very polite in stating how it is none of your business and you flipped out. Well think what you want to think.

Kaspar389 said:
It doesnt work.

I have the same one...

Dont even try it though, me and gazoo have been trying to figuire it out.

The polarity of the thing, is really messed up...
I would keep it.

Hey what do you mean by it doesn't work? Is the LD a closed can like a GB LD? Does it fit nicely in the axiz module?

Gazoo

Changed my mind for an explanation...but suffice to say what kaspar meant is the diode did not work for him.

There are enough posts in this forum explaining everything you need to know about open can diodes.

Your right Larry. Greg has ZERO to do with this. JUST like bringing up the whole "BEGGING" for a green laser had NOTHING to do with it. It was irrelevant to the whole subject. So I guess I beat you at your own childish game. ;) You got mad(over nothing)and had to be rude to me when I did nothing wrong to you. I realize you were trying to help but I even said, "Not to sound rude." I apologize if you took what I said the wrong way.

Daedal

Death Angel said:
Hey what do you mean by it doesn't work? Is the LD a closed can like a GB LD? Does it fit nicely in the axiz module?

It's been checked and there are pictures of it on here too. A little bit of research will show you why :p

--DDL

Sweet I found it. Thanks Daedal. I guess I will have to use the
search.png
button from now on. :). Dang I wonder if those would fit an Aixiz? and if not how would you focus it? Cuz man a 20X would be sweet. :eek:

I mean this

The polarity is messed up, me and gazoo hooked it up with the right polarity(we thought) and nothing happened.

I would suggest keeping it...

If you search my posts, i made a topic about it, and even have pictures(its open can btw)

And yes, it fits into the aixz housing

Gazoo

Kaspar389 said:
I mean this

The polarity is messed up, me and gazoo hooked it up with the right polarity(we thought) and nothing happened.

If you search my posts, i made a topic about it, and even have pictures(its open can btw)

Kasper... ;D Before you confuse everyone the polarity of the diode you had is the same as the GB diodes. Something happened when you were either harvesting it, or soldering it, that caused your diode to fail... :'(

Gazoo said:
[quote author=Kaspar389 link=1190257107/0#10 date=1190289759]I mean this

Kasper... ;D Before you confuse everyone the polarity of the diode you had is the same as the GB diodes. Something happened when you were either harvesting it, or soldering it, that caused your diode to fail... :'([/quote]
:-/
The polarity sucks anyways.

lol