Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LIGHT goes off after 30 Seconds? Wad?

TimTom

Hi guys,

i just purchased to this flashlight:
93534_3.jpg

(pic just for your image, what flashlight i mean)

it has a xml t-6 cree led and yea.. works fine with my panasonic 2,6Ah 18650 batteries.

i wanted to test my battery lifetime with the flashlight and turned the flashlight paralel to a timer. after 30 seconds my light goes off. i turned the flashlight off, checked the batteries. lost 0,02 volts in 30 seconds. i calced a little bit and i think, the driver give the led about 1,8A. the led is rated for max. 3A current.

at the head is a little bit heat, i think from the LED or the driver and i cant turn it back on now. killed the driver? the diode?

shit happens ... :D

i needed the flashlight for a holiday with my class on helgoland (island from germany) and yea.. i dont have any time to purchase for a new flashlight.

what do you think can i do now?

it is really stupid, that the flashlight has a lifetime of 30 seconds to die. :(

it is really stupid, that the flashlight has a lifetime of 30 seconds to die. :(

Spend more than $7 next time.

The LED is probably fine. I'd guess something desoldered itself. Disassemble the light have a look.

Last edited:

TimTom

Already did, all is soldered on and the flashlight is working right now... o_O

Not sure what this is, but it is kinda shit.

jimdt7

I fixed a friend's crappy 5$ flashlight (crapbay), the whole AMC7135 chip was dissoldered by the heat of the other chips...! Amazing stuff! :wave:

Jim

TimTom

BTW.: After my holiday-trip with my class I will look for a new & better driver and maybe a new LED for the flashlight. Just because the host looks too awesome to throw it into trash.

Clean all your metal-on-metal and metal on pcb connections

make sure the retaining ring for the switch is snug enough too.

Taking it apart all the way and putting it back together sometimes magically fixes cheap lights too, probably because the parts accidentally get cleaned when you take it apart.