Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lg bh12ls38

I bought one of these 12x Bluray Burners today. LG BH12LS38 Manufacture Date Sep 2011.

The Extraction of the diode went well. Installed in a case. Good heatsinking.

Not sure what the power output is though. Need to get a better LPM. My current one seems unlinear. The Higher the Laser power the worse the error.

One thing I have noticed. The PIV curve for this Diode doesn't seem to match any of the ones I can find for the older 12x Burners.

Quite a bit lower Voltage at the same Driver Current than the S06J and the SF-BW512

Is this a Freak Diode or a New one ?

I only have 2 points as I have to change resistors to change current. I am using an LM317 Driver. I can set it up on a Lab power supply to do more points. But without an even semi accurate power meter it wont show the real Power curve. But the voltage curve does look lower even with only 2 points.

mA .....Volts
--------------
364 ... 5.75
412 ... 5.80

Any Idea's.

It pops Black ballons at 6-9 feet instantly. And also lights Red matches. The Beam is visable daytime in doors. A nice beam too. Only a couple of mm. Much better than the LOC Red I have. It has a much larger diameter beam.

Charles

Last edited: