Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lens Problems

Those lenses are cheap so don't sweat it, under $10 to replace it including shipping. But that's not why I'm here.. What kind of keyboard is that? It reminds me of my Casio Privia. And is that a Scott Joplin book I see? :D +1 for good taste

Last edited:

Those lenses are cheap so don't sweat it, under $10 to replace it including shipping. But that's not why I'm here.. What kind of keyboard is that? It reminds me of my Casio Privia. And is that a Scott Joplin book I see? :D +1 for good taste

It is a Casio Privia, in fact. :)

Is it on lens? Does the disturbance rotate with a rotating lens? The laser diode window can collect a minor particle or a dust on it too.

If it is a scratch - get a new lens.
If it is a dust - try to blow it.
If it is a fried dust - try to clean with a solution. If it does not go away, get a new lens.

If you can live with that, play safely further :)

Is it on lens? Does the disturbance rotate with a rotating lens? The laser diode window can collect a minor particle or a dust on it too.

If it is a scratch - get a new lens.
If it is a dust - try to blow it.
If it is a fried dust - try to clean with a solution. If it does not go away, get a new lens.

If you can live with that, play safely further :)

It looks like a small piece of debris melted into the glass. I'm just getting a new lens.