Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Legal Issues?

I was thinking about selling a laser on lpf or ebay, but i'm holding back until I know how to make it so the buyer cant sue me if they blind them-self. I am providing safety glasses and will encourage them to wear them. Do I need to make a warning label on the laser or some disclaimer about how I am not responsible for any injury or any illegal action they commit? :thinking: Any help is appreciated. BTW it is a 1.8W 445nm C6 build.

Encap

I was thinking about selling a laser on lpf or ebay, but i'm holding back until I know how to make it so the buyer cant sue me if they blind them-self. I am providing safety glasses and will encourage them to wear them. Do I need to make a warning label on the laser or some disclaimer about how I am not responsible for any injury or any illegal action they commit? :thinking: Any help is appreciated. BTW it is a 1.8W 445nm C6 build.

See: Laser Pointer Safety - Rules and regulations in the U.S. (For those selling laser pointers)

How did this person sell this kryton?http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/sold-445nm-3-w-kryton-groove-150-a-95664.html#post1393572

Last edited:

Razako

I think as long as you put in a disclaimer and provide eye protection it would be pretty hard for them to sue you. Personally, I think if lawsuits were common all of those ebayers selling the overspec penlasers would be shut down. I'm no lawyer though.

Last edited:
So basically I can sell it on LPF...? Thanks for all the help and clarification!!!