Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ledshoppe 50mW green cold natured?

My 50mW green was left in my car over night and now everytime I go to use it, it has to warm up. After about 1min it will starting shining bright. Whats weird is, even in my house now I can sat it down leave it for 2-3min then go to use it and its cold to the touch and once again takes time to warm up. Is there a fix for this or is it pretty common? I dont remember it being this finiky when I first got it. Its also got rechargeable AAA's now is the only difference from when I first got it. Anybody else run into this?

Thanks!

If you switched to rechargeable batteries at this same time it could be the lower voltage as compared to alkaline. Maybe as the KTP heats up it gets more efficient with the lower input power. The KTP likes to be warm. But its glued to the ND part that likes to be cool. So you may not have the same type power increase at the minute mark with a higher voltage. Try different batteries.

--John

Thanks, Ill give it a shot today. Seems like all was fine until it got left in 30* weather overnight lol.

Or maybe the rechargeable batteries lost some charge? I have left green pointers in the freezer to see how they work cold and even frozen, without batteries. Never hurt one.
I also used a propane torch to see how they work "warmer". That did not work out as well.

--John