Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

LEDShoppe 30mW Green - What should I expect?

Hey! New to the forums, as well as lasers (other than cheap flea market lasers >_>).

After doing some reasearch, I finally decided on my first green laser. I bought a 30mW from LEDShoppe because I have heard good things about the site here.

I didn't want a burner, but I did want a clean, visible beam. I've read that people have been able to burn with a 30mW, but some say you can't.

For those who have purchased the 30mW from LEDS, what can I expect?

Thanks!

Also, I got a tracking number, but whenever I enter it in the HongKongPost site, I get nothing. Anyone have any input on this?

Last edited:

I bought a 50mw LedShoppe green, and I was very pleased. The beam was bright and visible, and the spot was clean. It developed some side splash after I tried it with a 3.6v cell, though. I think I might have scorched the crystal a bit a or something; anyway, that's clearly not the laser's fault.

I haven't noticed any mode hopping or other shenanigans. The build quality is much more impressive than the pointers I got from Amazon.com; better optics, and more solidly mounted.

Shipping time from the date of order took 13 days. Your tracking number probably won't do anything; mine never did.

Edit - Mine doesn't burn on its own, but with an additional lens, I can light matches, cut tape, smoke leather. It seems to be a crap shoot as to whether you get one that's over spec or not.

Last edited:
Pretty much the same as proud2deviate above. I have an ledshoppe 50mW and it has a nice heavy feel to it, it wont burn, but it has a lovely nice tight green beam which appears to have good divergance.

I am very pleased with my laser and it is better than I expected.