Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lazerer Fraud.

A very strong title, but I will attempt to justify it with all the evidence I have.

On the 03/12/2014 I ordered :
LZSK - Stick 532nm 400mW High Power DPSS Green Laser Pointer
Universal Charger for Rechargable Lithium Ion Battery
US to UK 3 Pins Power Plug Adaptor for Charger

for a total of 263$

5 days later the status changed to processing.

10 days after this I contacted max asking if it had been shipped, he said it was still processing.

on the 22/12/2014 the item was processed.

on the 28/12/2014 the item was shipped.

on the 19/1/2015 is when the item arrived im 99% sure based on my records. This was 47 days after I placed the order though paypal.

The laser arrived not working at all. The package was missing the adaptor. I sent max an email on the 21st of January telling him I would like to return it Eventually I found it was a connection problem and if I shook the laser this would temporarily fix the problem. Although the lase was still not in fully working condition.

I got no reply from max, so I attempted to email him again. After this got no reply I contacted paypal by phone any they agreed to open a dispute after 50 days.

The next day the dispute was closed by an automated paypal system because it was opened post 45 days.

I contacted max yet again through email, no reply.

Using a different email address I contacted max directly through his website. Still no reply.

I then contacted max through email, and through his return feature on his website. No reply to either of those.

Okay I have a little faith maybe my email had somehow ended up in his spam address even though I was only sending one email per 3 days or so.

So I set up a new email address and sent another email to him. No reply.

Okay I've never had a problem contacting max before he has always replied to my emails quickly. Clearly he is ignoring me because my purchase is 250$+ and paypal dispute time has expired.

I went to my bank and asked about fraud, they said they couldn't do anything because I received an item, even though it arrived broken and had a warranty.

While I can sometimes get the laser to work it's power has gone down a lot.
I ordered fresh new batteries and it made no difference the diode output power seems to have lost 70% of its output.

When contacting max I was always polite and never harassed or threatened him, just stated my problem and asked for help resolving it.

If anyone wants to alert max to this thread please do, he might have more concern if it has some community attention.

So what do I do? Am I just plain and simple out 260$?

I would try calling paypal about the dispute, but past the 45 day period there may not be anything they would be willing to do.

Depending on how paypal was funded you can also explore the option of filing a claim through your bank or credit card company.

Unfortunately you may end up not getting anywhere with either company, and likewise lazerer has no incentive at this point to do anything to help. The company has already developed a poor reputation here.

Should I talk to my bank about filing against paypal or lazerer?

I think Lazerer has more than a poor reputation. They disallow returns (atleast high value ones) Because they can get away with it.

Lazerer are't a company, or at least they certainly don't operate like one.

Last edited:
If it's coming from the bank, it would be against paypal. I'm really not sure how things work with paypal outside the US. Your best bet would be to talk to your bank for advice on that account.

Not sure where one would report them, but I do agree as of late the company seems to be nothing but bad news.

wow sorry to hear that, yeah lazerer is pure shit, they used to be good i hear but that was many years ago now they are just crap just file dispute in paypal and hope for the best.

Didnt paypal change the 45 days to 90 or something ? i remember reading about that some time ago, try do a claim in paypal again item broken etc and see what happens.

Last edited:

SteveT

Have you tried calling the number listed on the contact page? Max Chan is simply not honouring the terms and conditions you agreed to at point of sale; you are well within your rights to return the item for refund, replacement or repair. His site is hosted by Wild West Domains; might be worth checking the T&Cs on their site to see if there is anything related to fraudulent trading by Lazerer.com as a reseller? These things frustrate me as distance selling regs are not strong enough and time and time again people part with their hard-earned in return for crap products and service. one other trick is to pose as a brand new customer enquiring about a prospective purchase to see how quickly Max does or doesn't respond. Also, let's continue to spread the word about how shoddy this company is!

Have you tried calling the number listed on the contact page? Max Chan is simply not honouring the terms and conditions you agreed to at point of sale; you are well within your rights to return the item for refund, replacement or repair. His site is hosted by Wild West Domains; might be worth checking the T&Cs on their site to see if there is anything related to fraudulent trading by Lazerer.com as a reseller? These things frustrate me as distance selling regs are not strong enough and time and time again people part with their hard-earned in return for crap products and service. one other trick is to pose as a brand new customer enquiring about a prospective purchase to see how quickly Max does or doesn't respond. Also, let's continue to spread the word about how shoddy this company is!

Wild west domains does seem to have anti fraud, reserve the right to terminate websites etc..

My question is should I prepare an abuse email for wild west domains and send it right away?

Or should I forward such an email to max first and see if he is willing to change his mind?

SteveT

Wild west domains does seem to have anti fraud, reserve the right to terminate websites etc..

My question is should I prepare an abuse email for wild west domains and send it right away?

Or should I forward such an email to max first and see if he is willing to change his mind?

If I were you I would notify Max of your intentions and give him a time limit within which to respond (48 hours fair?) after which if you are either being ignored or fobbed off I'd contact wild west.