Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lasers

Im a kind of Noob when talking about Lasers. Currently i have a 1mW Green Laser. i bought it for $5.15 of ebay. Its decent but not top class

I am looking to buy a 10mW or 50mW laser which has a bright beam and looks great. Is their any person or website which sells reliable and cheap lasers. My ideal budget is $25 inclding shipping to the UK

Thanks for taking your time to read this. Also is their any way of improving my 1mW laser by modding it. Please Reply below

First off, welcome to the forums GOD! :D

One thing you should know is your "1mW" greenie you bought from eBay is nowhere near 1mW since most/if not all eBay pens are over-spec. How over-spec is it? Impossible to tell without an LPM but most average around 50mW-100mW so do be careful(IR light is included in output)!

For a cheap, reliable & quality green pointer I would check out laserbtb, their shipping is fast, their lasers are over-spec, and they also have safety features which protects anyone without the keys from operating the unit(which could result in accidents). If purchasing from laserbtb make sure to also tick the box marked "IR Filter Installed"!!!!
LP 515nm 532nm 1-150

Have fun and be safe :)

-Alex

First off, welcome to the forums GOD! :D

One thing you should know is your "1mW" greenie you bought from eBay is nowhere near 1mW since most/if not all eBay pens are over-spec. How over-spec is it? Impossible to tell without an LPM but most average around 50mW-100mW so do be careful(IR light is included in output)!

For a cheap, reliable & quality green pointer I would check out laserbtb, their shipping is fast, their lasers are over-spec, and they also have safety features which protects anyone without the keys from operating the unit(which could result in accidents). If purchasing from laserbtb make sure to also tick the box marked "IR Filter Installed"!!!!
LP 515nm 532nm 1-150

Have fun and be safe :)

-Alex
Thanks for the reply. i will be sure to check out the website.

But is their any way of improving my 1mW laser by modding it. i have seen some videos on youtube showing people turing a screw on the circuit board, Are these legit.

Hey GOD,

The only thing you will do by turning the "POT" is give your laser more power for a few minutes(if you are lucky an hour) then it will die. But honestly, since you payed $5 for it it might be worth a shot. But don't try and take the laserbtb laser apart ;)

-Alex

Hey GOD,

The only thing you will do by turning the "POT" is give your laser more power for a few minutes(if you are lucky an hour) then it will die. But honestly, since you payed $5 for it it might be worth a shot. But don't try and take the laserbtb laser apart ;)

-Alex
Ok Thanks, Sorry for wasting your time but i have 1 last question. i have seen laser modules around and i was wondering if i could build one myself. Would it be cheaper than buying one.

If i was to build one would i just replace the laser module in my old laser. Thanks for being so helpful.

Last edited:
You aren't wasting my time haha, you have questions and I won't let you go without help! :)

Well you can buy some green modules for cheap from DX(200mW 532nm Green Laser Module (3V 11.9mm) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme) that is a 200mW one for example but they offer many modules at different powers. All you do is take the old module out of your laser and insert the DX module inside! Take a look at Styropyro's video to help you understand how to do this(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQWx-7lH8ec)

Best of luck! ;)

-Alex

upaa27

Buying a laser at that low of power would be cheap just to buy a fully assembled one. I recommend laserbtb. Remember green lasers generate more IR light than green so be sure to buy one with an IR filter so that you can see it and the green light you are getting is actually what you payed for. Welcome to the forum man! :)

You aren't wasting my time haha, you have questions and I won't let you go without help! :)

Well you can buy some green modules for cheap from DX(200mW 532nm Green Laser Module (3V 11.9mm) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme) that is a 200mW one for example but they offer many modules at different powers. All you do is take the old module out of your laser and insert the DX module inside! Take a look at Styropyro's video to help you understand how to do this(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQWx-7lH8ec)

Best of luck! ;)

-Alex
How would I get the correct size module for my laser. And I have seen some posts showing laserbtb is not reliable

Last edited:

upaa27

How would I get the correct size module for my laser. And I have seen some posts showing laserbtb is not reliable

You find a host that can fit the module or have one machined. For laserbtb their lasers are very reliable just sometimes there are problems with shipping, etc just like all other sellers.