Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lasers on Plane

Ok, how would you get lasers on a plane, not necessarily carry on but in any way? What do you tell them if they ask? Im heading to Washington D.C. in the morning and i REALLY want to take my lasers.

Day said:
Ok, how would you get lasers on a plane, not necessarily carry on but in any way? What do you tell them if they ask? Im heading to Washington D.C. in the morning and i REALLY want to take my lasers.

I need them to point out stars because thats what my job is and if I don't have a laser its really really hard. ;)

OR

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEPLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE :( :( :(

OR

Hide it in your *** ;D

AusLasersSuck said:
[quote author=Day link=1235281907/0#0 date=1235281907]Ok, how would you get lasers on a plane, not necessarily carry on but in any way? What do you tell them if they ask? Im heading to Washington D.C. in the morning and i REALLY want to take my lasers.

I need them to point out stars because thats what my job is and if I don't have a laser its really really hard.  ;)

OR

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEPLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE  :( :( :(

OR

Hide it in your ***

[/quote]
Umm, they have metal detectors so that last one wont work :p ;)

Just don't put it in your carry on. I doubt they will find it or even care. Under x-ray a pen style laser would probbably look like a pen. A hand held might be more suspicious but if it is legal why would they care?

I'm sure there are regulations about high power lasers on planes, I wouldn't risk it. Put it in your check-in baggage, that should be fine. If they ask about it just reply truthfully, or list some cool things to do with lasers....( DON'T MENTION BURNING! ;D)

Good luck lasing!

actually... i put my lasers into a bag with sharpies pens n pencils n took the batteries out so they would blend in... as long as its not in ur carry on... i made it to florida n back doin that ;D

If you take the batteries out, they can't test it. You should probably be fine, but I'm not sure. I never tried.

-Mark

DO NOT TAKE YOUR LASER ON A PLANE WITH THE INTENT OF USING IT.

I've had similar thought but the next thought was: what if the laser from inside the window happens to bother the pilot or reflect into his eyes! That's enough of that. Keep the lasers away from batteries while on a plane, better yet check in your laser and avoid any problems.

laser83 said:
DO NOT TAKE YOUR LASER ON A PLANE WITH THE INTENT OF USING IT.

I've had similar thought but the next thought was: what if the laser from inside the window happens to bother the pilot or reflect into his eyes! That's enough of that. Keep the lasers away from batteries while on a plane, better yet check in your laser and avoid any problems.
Probably the smartest thing

Of course don't bring on laser on a plane and use it!
When the passengers see the dot they don't think it's a pointer, they'll think it's a GUN!