Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Lasers...In the name of science

warpcoil

I stumbled into this forum while searching for laser accessories.
I ordered 3 lasers from dtr-lpf on eBay. 1.2W 520nm NDG7475 W/X-Drive & DTR-G-8 lens, 2W 445nm M140 W/X-Drive DTR-G-8 lens &
700mw 638nm Oclaro HL63193 Flexdrive G-2 lens.
I just received them yesterday. It should be interesting.

gazer101

Don't be me and fry your diodes!
Test load always before hooking them up!

Encap

Ignore the above ^^^ useless/meaningless advice comment which has nothing to do with the reality of anything you purchased and posted about.
There is no need to "load test" anything with the 3 complete assemblies you purchased.
You bought completely tested and ready to be powered up diode, module, driver, and lens assembled units.
All you need to do is heatsink and apply power.

Example as mentioned in the DTR listings:
"Listing is for a single 1.2W 520nm NDG7475 laser module. Unit is mounted in a 12mmX30mm high quality copper module for max cooling and stability. It is prewired with a 2.2A SXD buck laser driver and comes with the new DTR-G-8 glass lens. Unit measures 12mmx30mm fit for standard 12mm laser heatsinks. The unit is ready to be dropped into your final project. No setting current or soldering diode to driver. Just place in heatsink and connect leads to your power supply.

Input voltage range is 6V-9V. Great for use with two Li-Ion's in series. Suggest two 16340/18350/18650 3.7V Li-Ion's. You can also use a 6-9V 2A wall adapter or bench power supply."

Last edited:

warpcoil

Ignore the above ^^^ useless/meaningless advice comment which has nothing to do with the reality of anything you purchased and posted about.
There is no need to "load test" anything with the 3 complete assemblies you purchased.
You bought completely tested and ready to be powered up diode, module, driver, and lens assembled units.

"Listing is for a single 1.2W 520nm NDG7475 laser module. Unit is mounted in a 12mmX30mm high quality copper module for max cooling and stability. It is prewired with a 2.2A SXD buck laser driver and comes with the new DTR-G-8 glass lens. Unit measures 12mmx30mm fit for standard 12mm laser heatsinks. The unit is ready to be dropped into your final project. No setting current or soldering diode to driver. Just place in heatsink and connect leads to your power supply.

Input voltage range is 6V-9V. Great for use with two Li-Ion's in series. Suggest two 16340/18350/18650 3.7V Li-Ion's. You can also use a 6-9V 2A wall adapter or bench power supply."
Yes, I specifically went with plug and play. I just received 6 of the Aixiz 12mm heatsinks yesterday and the modules fit perfectly.
I have 6 Laird 15 x 30mm peltier TEC's coming sometime today. I'm looking at heat exchange options now. I was looking at some mini raspberry pie cpu cooling towers or possibly individual mini water blocks for cooling. I'm not sure yet. I like the water block idea more.
I still need to order another laser module. I would have liked a 577nm but, Necsel is all I see. I'll probably go the other way to 405nm.
I need to get a G8 lens for the Oclaro to match focal lengths. I'm looking at a 40A Meanwell regulated 7.5v switching supply that I can adjust down close to 7 volts to run all of them. I seem to have picked some decent vendors by sheer luck after looking at this forum.

gazer101

Actually there is a need... one time I powered up a red laser with a (tested) driver but accidentally powered it with 2 LiIons instead of one (the driver can output for both). Guess what, I didn't test it and fried the diode