Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laserlands 100mW 650nm Red Laser Pointer - $13

Hello everyone!
I just wanted to write up a quick review of this laser, since I did not see that any had done it yet, and there is not a whole lot of feedback from this laser company.

100mW Red Laser Pointer Pen

I ordered this laser at 5pm EST on 12/1/11, it was shipped by 10pm 12/2/11, and it arrived safely at my door at 10am 12/12/11. I chose the free shipping option and paid by PayPal. The ordering process was straight forward and easy, and I got an email confirmation every step of the way. It was not held up at customs at all and came very nicely packaged in a bubble mailer with additional bubble wrap. There was a signature required at delivery.

This is my brightest Red laser yet, and my initial impression is that the spot is much brighter than I expected, but the beam is much dimmer than I had expected. Again, this is NOT anything wrong with the laser, as I had no experience with high power reds. The spot appears brighter than my 5mW 532nm green pointer's, but of course the green beam is much more visible. It has been many years since I had the various laser modes memorized, but the spot appears to be very close to TEM00 if not actually TEM00, it is a beautiful spot with no real noise other than a slight line which actually comes from the pointer's housing and not from the optics. The line is quite dim compared to the spot and doesn't appear to detract from the power going into the beam, so I don't mind it. It is MUCH better quality than any of my other pointers, even though it uses a cheaper host and cost far less. Update: beam diameter at 1ft is 4mm, and it is definitely single mode, though it is more of a rectangle with rounded edges.

I'm currently powering it from 2 AAA type NiMH rechargeables, which measure in at 1.457 volts each cell, so it is quite close to alkaline parameters. I did pop a pair of alkalines in and I couldn't detect any change in output, though I don't have a LPM. Of course I cannot verify that it is actually putting out 100mW, but it's spot is brighter than my 5mW 532nm's so I'd say that is a good sign that it is indeed putting out the right amount of wattage.

The divergence appears to be excellent, though I think that is because the collimation takes place gradually after the aperture; i.e. it converges about two feet away from the aperture and then begins to diverge beyond that. Still, for having a larger beam width at the aperture than any of my other lasers, it has a smaller spot at any given distance past the convergence point than my other lasers do. (Better long distance spot than short distance).

I took some pictures but my still camera is quite terrible. I will shoot some video soon which should be much better as it is an HD camcorder.

Distance: 45ft
1020794.jpg

1020795.jpg

95mW 632nm, 100mW 650nm, 10mW 405nm
(Yes I know these goggles are no good for the Red! My blue ones are in the mail still.)
1020813.jpg

95mW 632nm, 100mW 650nm, 10mW 405nm
1020811.jpg

Top to bottom: WL Nexus 95mW 532nm, Laserlands 100mW 650nm, Amazon 10mW 405nm
1020810.jpg

For comparisson, here are some shots of my other lasers' spots.

1020797.jpg

1020801.jpg

I have also placed several orders from Laserlands since placing the order for this red pointer. All the other orders save one are modules for upcomming communications projects I'm working on. Every single order has gone off without a glitch, all are shipper and I'm just waiting for them to arrive. I even put in one last order; a xmas present for myself with the expedited EMS shipping; a 50mW 450nm Pointer and a Waterproof 200mW 650nm Handheld. Merry Young of Laserlands sent me a VERY courteous and generous email to notify my the handheld that I had picked was out of stock, and ask me if it would be ok for them to substitute a higher model for it. I replied back quickly and thanked him for his excellent service. Within a day I got the shipment notice from Merry, and within a few hours my package was already at the US customs. As of writing this it has cleared customs with no problem and is en route to me.

Laserlands has won my confidence and appreciation as well as retored my faith in Chinese Laser sales and manufacturing.

Last edited:

I'd love to have it measured, but I don't own a LPM. At $13 shipped, a new one costs about as much as it would cost to ship mine to someone with a LPM.

I'd love to have it measured, but I don't own a LPM. At $13 shipped, a new one costs about as much as it would cost to ship mine to someone with a LPM.

That's a fair point.

Once I get my LPM operational, I will add this one to the wishlist.