Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Nintendo gun idea!

S

Stephen j gilman

Hello guys I found my old nentendo light gun for duckhunt! I want to put my laser into it. I have a push button laser torch, the button on the back turns it on and off! If I take apart the button itself and connect two wires to the buttons leads and connect them to the trigger of the light gun. When I pull the trigger will it still turn on? Or are there any hidden parts in the tail cap like fuses or anything? Is it like a regular flashlight? Touch wires together and it turns on?

It should work the way you expect it to, a word of warning though:
If you have the intention of taking the whole host apart, sometimes the head is glued on, the lens is glued it, the switch is fragile etc.
Don't take it apart unless you are willing to destroy it.
If you just want to bypass the switch it is easy enough to do but you still might have to drill a couple of holes for your wires to get to the contacts inside the laser host.
Good luck bro, post your pics when you get done ;)

-Auto

Benm

Sounds like a very cool build, i love those lightguns.

I think the trigger is just an ordinary switch that closes contact when you press it, so you should be able to remove the existing electronics apart from the switch, and replace it with your laser module.

I don't know if it is possible to disassemble and re-assemble the lightgun though, it could be glued shut and break when taking it apart.

S

Stephen j gilman

The gun is glued but just soak it in warm water over night and with a razor blade cut along the glue line! Easy

I was just wondering because the laser is what's going to be the hard part. Could I connect the wires on the laser itself? Or should I take apart the push button cap on the endcap of my laser? I would like to find a way to complete the circuit with out breaking the laser pointer if possible.

Dealextreme has reverse clickies, if you find one on there that matches the one in your laser, you could modify that one and just swap out for your original if you ever need to.
One problem though, you will probably be up to a month waiting for DX shipping...

S

Stephen j gilman

Done! 6 hours! Just need to Crome and black spray paint and make it look cool with some LEDs!!!! I'm going to the battery in the handle like a clip!
Pics
5618b3ad.jpg

079a5802.jpg

Benm

I dont know about re-painting it.. can't you just fit the original barrel back on, and leave it in nintendo colors? Its a nice retro item with unexpected function then :)

Also if you have kids in your house or visitors I'd suggest to keep the batteries out when not in use to avoid any accidents :) I'd leave it Retro too btw :p