Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser levels

hey just wanted to tell you when you buy the big laser levels from marks for like 15$ they have infra red goggles that work really well with green lasers ill post a pict after i find mine my mom moved them

Aseras

they aren't infrared, they are "red enhancement" goggles. they work by blocking green so you see red better. Yes they do work well for 532. I bought a dozen pairs of these for my lab. http://www.toolbarn.com/product/dewalt/DW0714/

they work as well as the od6 glasses I have but they are a bit darker ( less VLT )

Those things cost like $8 shipped on ebay. I ALMOST bought 1 the other week but reconsidered after reading the thread about red enhancement goggles. Slightly sketchy on the saftey issue since the vlt might be too low defeating the purpose of the goggles.

But for $8 you get an excellent green blocker and a funky laser level. Hell even 5mW red modules cost $5 so I am wondering why I didn't get it.

Alright now that the cat is out of the bag on these super cheap sketchy googles, people are going to snap up those they can find on ebay. There's one currently going for $16 shipped for 2 sets + an extra laser level.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=250165251680&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=015
I am waiting for the guy to split up his auction and MAYBE get them but I don't have a high powered green.

Ok let's not go into how effective these goggles are.
Bottomline:
Aseras thinks they are useful.
Senkat says buy wicked shades.
They are your eyes. You decide.

Aseras

they block 0 IR.

In fact for any IR they are worse since the VLT is lower your eye will dilate and let more light in.

For green they are great, i get almost nothing on a spectrometer and no reading at all with a LPM or a lasercheck. it will drop a ~300mw beam to well below a milliwatt ( and start burning a hole in the lenses ) That's the dewalt ones I have though. I can't say anything about these.