Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser Canon

To start, this is only an idea, but I was wondering how to attach to Diodes to One Driver. Would it work like batteries and you would hook them up in parallel to maintain voltage across the two and divide the amperage out of the driver? I am pondering this as I would want to be able to adjust the power across however many Diodes with only one adjustment. Please feel free to throw out any ideas.

DrSid

Usually you need driver per diode. Driver is there to stabilize current. Not just 'set' but also 'hold'. Diode will change it's inner 'resistance' as it will get warmer .. and the input voltage would have to be modified (usually lowered) to keep the current constant. Without that, the power could go ever up till the diode burns.
With many diodes on one line, some may already have smaller 'resistance' then others .. and current always takes the easiest way .. so one of the diodes will always suck most current .. even if current over whole array would be constant. And the differences between diodes can be in tens of % range.