Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser beam for hairline design.

luis85

Hi everyone!

My name is Luis and i am completely new to lasers.

However, I am exploring the development of a laser beam device intended for hairline designs. The concept involves projecting a beam onto a cross-shaped pattern. Placing the device in front of a clients forehead would allow for the adjustment of the beam, transitioning from a straight horizontal line to a more rounded shape. This versatility aims to cater different hairstyling preferences and needs.

Can someone please guide me in the right direction of who or where i can get this made?
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and apricate any feedback or recommendations.

Attachments

• laserhairline.png
    laserhairline.png
    125.6 KB · Views: 3

Encap

Firstly LPF is a laser hobbyist web site and the fact that you are asking a laser hobby site your question pretty much says it all.

You need to find out what is required by US FDA legally for whatever it is you want to have made and/or use on people regardless of how frivolous same is in addition to the State level legal requirement for laser devices and their use on people + whatever Professional Occupational Licenses and training are needed.

The US FDA has the authority to regulate all kinds of lasers. Under the Medical Device Amendments to the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, the agency regulates lasers used in medicine. And under the Electronic Product Radiation Control Provisions of the act, the FDA regulates both medical and nonmedical lasers such as those used to solder circuits in factories, to scan groceries in a supermarket, or to entertain a crowd with a light show in the night sky.

"The FDA’s Center for Devices and Radiological Health (CDRH) regulates the manufacturing of electronic products that emit radiation, including products with lasers. FDA laser regulations recognize four major classes for lasers, and all require CDRH registration or reporting to be compliant with federal law. Without CDRH compliance and registration, no laser product can legally enter the US, and it cannot be used, sold, or distributed in American markets. The purpose of these regulations is to ensure that all laser products do not expose the public to hazardous or unnecessary radiation, and failure to comply with these regulations, and obtain register or report with the CDRH registration can result in severe penalties."
From: https://www.lasercompliance.com/cdrh-laser-compliance-consultants.html
Perhaps contact them to find out what would be needed for a device like you are imagining to comply with FDA laws, rules, and regulations.

Last edited: