Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Laser and RGB LED Project Nearing Completion

FAP

445nm and RGB LED Beacon Project

Project nearing completion, still have to add the line generating lenses for the FAP800 lasers which will be installed later. This is the project I was here a year ago begging for help with but had no one offer to help and was attacked for being stupid by asking questions which a mod thought were in previous posts from a year or more earlier. Please give us a break when we can't find answers through forum searches! Even though I donated 50 bucks to the site an admin was so tired of my FAP questions I was whipped with a wet noodle for not being able to find them in searches before asking questions, I still cannot find the answers here, not for what I needed.

L8r's, out of here again.

PS: All of the lasers have LINE lenses in them NOT spot beams, no hazard to aircraft. Read the law if you doubt this is legal, not a spot beam, I can view it from 500 feet and no problem to night vision coming from the lasers.

Last edited:

Trevor

Might want to let the FAA know before you point that thing skyward. :p

Trevor

FAP

The 2W lasers are not run anywhere near full output and have cross line generating lenses in them, not spot beams, viewed from 500 feet they don't affect night vision or appear to be a normal laser beam because they aren't. I already talked to the FAA about this and tested to see if the energy from the 445nm blue diodes would affect night vision at 500 feet & they don't but the 800+ watts of RGB from the LED's with lenses on them do, at least, at 500 feet. Still, I turn it off if I see aircraft in the remote area I am in.