Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

laser and 30% mirror

ok I am working on a project I will show the build when I am finished but, will need a laser beam that is clearly visible though 30% mirror tint form the non polarized side. IE its type of infinity mirror set up that uses a simple one sided mirror but need the light of the beam itself to be highly visible, some fast axis radiation is required for the effect as well, and I plan to power it inside a computer using a molex 5v wire from a 750w psu, to a driver.

what I need to know is, I have tried with a 2w 445 and the beam is visible but not like I would like, would 532 be brighter though a 30% mirror and how much power will I need. I cannot see a 40mw 532nm beam at all though it, and it must run all the time so can a dpss green even do this with good heat-sinking. Or will my crystal fry, and will a 5 volt off the molex be sable, or do I have to use the 12v rail and risk power ripples from a high end overclock on my GPU.

I would really like to use red but the top M!t*b^s! is not all that visible though 30% mirror tint, the tint is silver type not chrome. It seems to block red and blue quit a bit.