Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Just recieved LZMN - 650nm 200mW can't get it to work.

Hello i just recieved my lazerer, but i cant seem to get it two work the paper in the box says + toward. but it doesnt work then.

if i look at it how can u put the + toward the spring ???? the - will never hit the back side which is flat because the cr123 - has a high plastid edge.

i use cr123a normal ones 3V

doest it only work on 3.7v 13640 ?

or do i have a dead on arrival laser ?

I so hope its not, i tried a few different fresh cr123a duracell and gp they work fine in my flashlights why not in this laser ?

Last edited:

jimdt7

I think that you need more voltage, do you have any 3.7V 16340 batteries to test ?

i have a 18650 3.7v
i should put the head down forst right ? the - flat side. so it sits on the spring
the way it noted in the box one little paper + Ve toward spring. but that way it would never make contact.

Last edited:
no it doesnt way to big.

another thing i dont get is the little paper inside which said + toward spring.. ( it would not even make contact too the other side with the switch)

Last edited:
what kinda pics you want. it looks like this its from lazerer.com i just recieved my red one.

You can take off part of the host, so it can accommodate either 18650 or 16340 batteries.

Plus goes towards the spring.... with the flat part of the battery towards the tail cap. The laser is case negative.

Make sure you turned the key to the green dot....

Last edited:
there is no key but now since it works ill make some pics and do a review and post it in the red laser session.

i got it to work i added a spacer to the back of the cr123a so it now makes contact to the back. there is a too high plastic rim on stock cr123a's

Last edited:
SKredLaser.jpg

here is a first image ;)
that little head of a screw i use as a spacer on the - side. works with that. hoping my rechargables arrive soon

Last edited:
Looks like a nice clean laser. I though you were referring to another model before.

Btw, you may want to invest in rechargeable batteries...

Also some spacers, I buy 10 of them with every battery order now and just leave them on my fridge: Magnetic Spacer - 1.6mm

ow lol you do needs spacers even with the rechargeable's ?
my 13640 rechargeables are alread on the way ;) but i couldend wait to try it and see if it works can w8 for my green one should look alot brighter. but its a very nice red compared to my 1mw toy.

I use spacers in a lot of my lasers for a better/tighter fit. I also like to put electrical tape around some batteries so they don't rattle inside the host.

Not so much a problem with 16340's but with 18650's I have four different sizes, so spacers are a must. Some people also like to put solder on the contact points... I'm not a fan of that though.

does this 3.0 normal has any influence on the power output vs rechargeable 3.7v
less bright ? its less bright then my 5mw green. or my 5mw green is overspec!?
or is that normal vs 200mw the red its good visable dough. gonne make some vids. and then ill make a post.

The laser is meant to run with a 3.7v battery, charged up to 4.2v so you will see it being brighter with a 3.7v, though not by much (a difference that can be seen on LPM but most likely not with your eyes).

Beam: (660nm 175mw) vs. (532nm 5mw)

~300mW of 660nm appears to me to be about as bright as ~10mW of green.