Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Just ordered DX 200wm red laser

So, i just ordered that laser and im worried about customs. I live in Finland so the limit is 5mw. Do you think its going to get through? I also need some goggles, cos i dont want lose my eyes. What do you recommend? I have read that cheap laser doesent have ir filter, but i have heard that red lasers doesent make ir light, am i right? I also want to know that does cold weather affect life of laser or diode, i mean like -10c? Sorry my bad eng, im new at forum  ::)

Welcome to the forum... I hope your DX200 arrives safe and sound....

Yes... you should get some goggles for your DX200...

You don't need to worry about IR with the DX 200 it does NOT put
out IR... it is a single red wavelength...

For your temperature questions.... there are more qualified members
here that could respond more precisely..

I think it would supply more cooling ;) I would like to solder in that kind of weather...the diode would have no problem cooling :D

Can i use this laser outside without goggles, if i watch for reflections? Because ill order my goggles after i receive my didla. I just want to test it a bit  ;)

EDIT: Whitch goggles are right for it 590nm to 650nm or 640nm to 750nm. Ill get them from dragonlasers, are those good quality?

Lol

I have the 640-750nm goggles from Dragonlasers, they work perfectly. I'd go with them. Great quality, makes you look weird though...but hey, doesn't matter, does it ;D

From dragonlasers only shipping cost 15euro. Is there any other good places to order some goggles for 660nm like it says in my dilda?

i got the 590 - 650 nm ones for my dilda :S do you think they will still be ok? and OD>3.5 for 190-500nm, OD>3 for 500-540nm
for my bluray and green lasers.

jc265

icebong said:
i got the 590 - 650 nm ones for my dilda :S do you think they will still be ok?

i have the same question.  can someone thats 100% sure tell me which glasses to get?  I'm currently searching the forums and came across this post before i made a new one.

Harza

Did you get the laser ? Just curious because I live in Finland too.

D

Deleted member 8382

the dilda is 650-660nm. get the 640-750. ye its kinda a shit that shipping is almost as much as the own googles, we should try a GB