Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Just a simple hello.

Olly

Hello everyone Olly here, real name is Olivier but I have found some persons that find it hard to pronounce. Hence Olly !

Annyways I'm located in Belgium ( small country ) and I'm a ship's engineer for a living. One problem already is that there are hardly no lasers at all on a ship^ :yabbem: . So I have to worship there power in another way.

I started to get intrigued by lasers by seeing the scanners in clubs all around.
I realy wanted to know how they worked but alas, they were too expensive at the time to actually buy one. Then one day I got lucky and I've gottten a broken unit for free ! Yes yes it was broken but I could see whats in it !

Its been a long time since that happen, but the lasers never stopt shining / pointing (pick whatever) in my head.

And now I have found this forum with usefull tips and guides and people that sell stuff ! Hard to get components here ( Belgium is so small you can shine a laser from one side to another... ) so ordering is the only option :p

Nice meeting everyone !

Olly

Welcome to the Forums Olivier!
Just type whatever your interest into the search area and you'll learn all that you can!
This is a great resource for learning about lasers. Enjoy your stay and have good safe fun.:beer::beer:

Kevlar

Welcome to LPF!!!

Look around and use the “Search” function, it is very helpful if you’re looking for some specific information. If you don’t find what you want the first time, try different “key words”.

A good place to start is here, the “Rules & Stickies” section, pay special attention to the “Stickies”: Rules & Stickies

If you’re looking for information on how to build a laser check out the links in my sig.

Enjoy your stay!! You will find this a great community with lot of very knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful people. :beer:

Also, if you're more interested in projectors, take a look at photonlexicon. They focus mainly on projectors.

Olly

Ahh thank you for the tips, I will check them out !

-Olly