Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Just a pic

I know there are lots of Arctic haters out there, but I was bored, and figured I would add a little pep to it. I have about 10 lasers (including a custom from a builder here), and I still like this one a lot. I can control the power to keep it much safer, no one can turn it on unless I show them, the host looks great, and I have never had a problem with it.

So I basically pulled off the crown with the protective lens, and taped off the outer side threads and all the glass, and then painted the inside of the crown white. Let it dry over night after a couple coats.

Then I mixed some v10 Super Green Strontium Aluminum Silicate from Glowinc into some Liquid Nails silicone epoxy, and applied a thick coat to the inside, being sure to maintain clearance for the head of the laser diode holder.

The laser itself excites the glow powder, which stays pretty well lit up, and shows you which end you don't want to be looking into when it is on.

pretty cool. Also Glowinc looks awesome, found their site online, thanks for mentioning that.

They have the best glow powder, in my experience. Their paint is good, but I find that I prefer to mix the stuff myself, as the paint often requires multiple layers, and doesn't come out as resilient. A defocused O-like 400mw 405nm does a great job of charging them fast.