Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Jetlaser advice needed, plus possible delima

Wooski

I am considering buying a Jetlaser pl-e pro 445nm 2W and was wondering how Jetlaser is doing as a company right now? (Customer service, quality, and will my product arrive on time in working order?). Has anybody ordered from them recently? Also by opting for the coded switch, is the only thing that you're sacrificeing the momentary on switch, but you gain FDA compliance? Or do I have that completely wrong? I could not find any info on this by searching threads (not to say its not there).

I have a bit of dilemma and may soon need advice on dealing with another company, but that's for a later post.

Thanks for any help for a new confused member.

I haven't had any recent experiences with Jetlasers, as of late, but when I did they were very good. For example I ordered a TiB 532nm, and it was on spec, but had some issues with machining of the knurling on the titanium host. Anyone who's worked with titanium will attest it's not the easiest thing to work with, and I was willing to overlook the small issue, but emailed Gray (Jetlasers) and Len, (hakzaw1) to see what they thought.

Gray got back to me in no time, asked me to send the host over to Len. After that, about a month or so later, I had a replacement. It was an ideal laser, looks beautiful, and remains one of the few lasers I'm not likely to ever part with.

My advice would be to contact Len (hakzaw1) and Gray (Jetlasers) on here, or facebook/email. They will both help you out.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Good advice from both IE, and Isaac. You won't go wrong with Jetlasers, they have good products and the best customer service in the business.
I recently purchaced a couple of their pen lasers with no problems. You always get very quick, guaranteed delivery from J/L.
You may get an additional degree of safety from the code switch, but it isn't going to be compliant.

Edit: Here's a recent thread regarding a couple of J/L purchases and their customer service; specifically read posts 17-21 for typical customer service from J/L.

Last edited:

Wooski

I recently purchaced a couple of their pen lasers with no problems.
You may get an additional degree of safety from the code switch, but it isn't going to be compliant..
Thanks for clearing that up, I guess its not worth losing the moment on switch just for half power mode? I wonder which is less likely to fail...

I haven't had any recent experiences with Jetlasers, as of late, but when I did they were very good. For example I ordered a TiB 532nm, and it was on spec, but had some issues with machining of the knurling on the titanium host. Anyone who's worked with titanium will attest it's not the easiest thing to work with, and I was willing to overlook the small issue, but emailed Gray (Jetlasers) and Len, (hakzaw1) to see what they thought.

Gray got back to me in no time, asked me to send the host over to Len. After that, about a month or so later, I had a replacement. It was an ideal laser, looks beautiful, and remains one of the few lasers I'm not likely to ever part with.

My advice would be to contact Len (hakzaw1) and Gray (Jetlasers) on here, or facebook/email. They will both help you out.

I did try to contact hak by pm but I did not hear back from him (I am new here and a total stranger tho) thanks for the help.

Wooski

buy the jetlaser as part of haksaw group buy and receive discount!!!

Do group buys happen often here? Is it likely that a group buy for that exact laser will happen anytime soon, how much of a discount does a GB make? Does a GB help the forum in any way? Main question: is a GB worth the extra wait time and effort?
Looks like I will be digging into this topic now :banghead: (look what you did! thanks alot man :D) If anyone has any good advice about group buys and wants to share a quick pointer im more than interested.

Sorry for double post, I am just learning how to use multiquote.

GSS

Hakzaw will get back to you believe it. He is always on the run but is a great guy and lives for Jetlasers:)

Wooski

Hakzaw will get back to you believe it. He is always on the run but is a great guy and lives for Jetlasers:)

Yea I reached out to him for that reason, and he seems to be a knowledgeably laser vet.

you will receive generous discount!!! Jet get their laser to every country with the fastest speed...