Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Is this normal?

Ok so after a long day of work I come home and I want to use my laser, so I load in the batteries and then I turn it on and it suks, so I have to keep using it for about 1 minute and then it warms up and goes to its full potential.

Is it normal that some lasers have a warm up time like this where they need to start their engine for a bit before they put the peddal to the metal?

Razako

That's completely normal. Almost all dpss lasers have dimming/mode hoping/other probelms when they are really cold. If it works fine after warming up there is no problem.

Ok thanks I thought maybe it was something rong with the batteries or something.

Even my DL Viper 7 does that, the first time I turn it on after its been sitting there for a bit I get about .5 of a second of bright green beam and then it goes really dim til it warms up.

If its a red laser, as far as I know their warm up time is more or less instant.

I usually keep my greens in a warm place to avoid the warmup time. While outside at this time of year, even while operating they can get cold enough to dim out.