Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Is the universe infinite or finite?

We know that we can only see ~13.8 billion light years into the cosmic microwave background. But, I have not once read a source saying, "The actual space is expanding at the speed of light in the outer reaches of the universe".

Source?

Metric expansion of space - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I guess i should not have stated it as fact.
We observe the universe expanding faster and faster as we look outward, more red shifted. Since there is no theoretical reason why space cannot expand faster than the speed of light, the assumption is made.
This link explains much of it.

Exerd

@blu-ray
'any black hole would create a rip in space-time, which theoretically would form another universe. these universe could be traveled to by launching something/someone through that black hole at light speed.

theory stated.'

Nothing can go through a black hole without being torn into something smaller than neutron star matter.
Nothing can go the speed of light.
Theory demolished.

What the hell are you talking about "theory demolished"?

What theory?

I guess i should not have stated it as fact.

Especially not when you come back with some generalization from Wikipedia to back it.

Quit trolling.

Last edited:
For all practical points and purposes the universe is infinate however if you were to reach the edge you wouldn't know it because it's a 4th dimentional seamless sphere meaning if you go past the edge you find yourself on the exact oposit side of the universe. On the other hand due to the observer effect more universe is created as you observe/traverse it thus making it for all practical purposes infinate. Further more light has no mass meaning it can reach limitless speeds without any energy consumption so long as it remains in a vacuum and doesn't hit anything meaning there is light at the end of our universe which is observing or traversing the universe and thus creating more universe at an infinate rate that is infinately speeding up as well. Eventually all these multples of infinities will lag up the server that our universe is running off of esentally ending our universe by freezing time itself.

@blu-ray
I was just saying what you said makes no sense. You said 'theory stated', so i said 'theory' as well just to be stupid.

Generalization? Everything i have stated is mathematical facts that have been measured. You really think all of those sources at the bottom of my link are lies? Just made up?
Logical physics and calculus shows us what i said is true, now what you want to make of it and use towards predictions about things we don't know is totally different.

Exerd

@blu-ray
I was just saying what you said makes no sense. You said 'theory stated', so i said 'theory' as well just to be stupid.

Generalization? Everything i have stated is mathematical facts that have been measured. You really think all of those sources at the bottom of my link are lies? Just made up?
Logical physics and calculus shows us what i said is true, now what you want to make of it and use towards predictions about things we don't know is totally different.

I'm the one which doesn't make sense? I'm getting a kick out of this.

You know, for someone attempting to act smarter than others in here, you could at least begin using the English language to properly describe just what it is exactly you are trying to say to us.

You're using quotations, saying that I said, "theory stated".

When I use the Firefox 'Find' box to search the entire text on this page where I have posted, I cannot seem to find myself using the words "theory stated".

So again, please do enlighten us about this theory you feel you have demolished, and show us where exactly the quote you are using exists at.

Give me a real argument for your "logical physics and calculus", and I'll join it. Troll. :na:

Sorry, i assumed you knew who i was talking to. I said, @ blue-ray.
Your name is not blue-ray, yet you responded to my post as if you were, so when i responded to your response i assumed you were him.

Please get your facts straight before you try and make someone look stupid.
Page 3, someone with the name blu-ray made a post.

'any black hole would create a rip in space-time, which theoretically would form another universe. these universe could be traveled to by launching something/someone through that black hole at light speed.

theory stated.'

So again, i will say this makes no sense because of my previously stated reasons. I'm not sure how you could deny that.

Exerd

Holy sh!t!!! :eek:

Dude, my bad!

I thought you were aiming all that at me, because I saw no one named "blue-ray" and thought you were talking about my avatar.

Woa, now I feel dumb.

For all practical points and purposes the universe is infinate however if you were to reach the edge you wouldn't know it because it's a 4th dimentional seamless sphere meaning if you go past the edge you find yourself on the exact oposit side of the universe. On the other hand due to the observer effect more universe is created as you observe/traverse it thus making it for all practical purposes infinate. Further more light has no mass meaning it can reach limitless speeds without any energy consumption so long as it remains in a vacuum and doesn't hit anything meaning there is light at the end of our universe which is observing or traversing the universe and thus creating more universe at an infinate rate that is infinately speeding up as well. Eventually all these multples of infinities will lag up the server that our universe is running off of esentally ending our universe by freezing time itself.
LOL, at first I was gonna say "Now that's an unproven theory" then I finished the post :crackup: you know, there's no logical way to prove that we aren't all in a "matrix" of some kind..

LOL, at first I was gonna say "Now that's an unproven theory" then I finished the post :crackup: you know, there's no logical way to prove that we aren't all in a "matrix" of some kind..

EXACLY I merely stated my perception of the so called universe with the primary purpose of the post being humor nothing more.