Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ir laser diode from Philips 32x CD burner

Hi to all.
I have found an old Philips cd burner ;D, and I have put the laser diode in a Aixiz case.
-I have used the driver circuit that is in the Aixiz module (650 nm, 5mW), is good choice?
I have saw that if I focus the lens on a point, the laser burn the electrical tape, but slowly.
-There is someone that know if this diode has waveleight at 790 nm? Or else?
-And I have see that the cd burner is 32X. How much power has this diode?

Best thanks

I'm surprised the IR diode works when hooked up to the Aixiz stock driver. The max you will get out of the diode is probably 60mW or so, and the wavelength is somewhere around 780nm-190nm.

I have hooked the diode at the aixiz driver because in my city I don't be able to find any LM317 current regulator to make the driver circuit. And I have tested it with the original circuit. But I have see that if I turn on it for long time (50 seconds one minute) the diode doesn't work correctly ad doesn't burn. I have to wait some tomes that it will be cooled. If I find a LM317, I want to build the circuit.

Finally I have found a LM317 regulator, then I want to make the driver circuit. There is someone that know the voltage or the IR diode?Is lower from the red diode, right?

styropyro said:
I'm surprised the IR diode works when hooked up to the Aixiz stock driver. The max you will get out of the diode is probably 60mW or so, and the wavelength is somewhere around 780nm-190nm.

monkeylol1oi4pw0pdna8.jpg