Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

ir diode

jake21

hi i have a Sony NEC Optiarc Inc. AD-7190A and im looking to find out how much mw the open can can handle so i no how to build my driver for it any help would be great thanks

The open can and IR would be great if someone could answer. As well as which is the IR diode and which is the RED????

100_2491.jpg

100_2492.jpg

chido

goldfingerfif, what dvd burner is that? You have to give a little bit more info.
The only way you can tell is to take them out, test them with a driver, and see which one is the red and which is the IR.

And jake, did you harvest the diode already? Check if it's a long or short open can.

jake21

the dvd burner that goldfingerfif has is a
Sony NEC Optiarc Inc. AD-7190A im getting it off him with a driver i was woundering how many mw the ir diode can handle so he can make a driver for it ?

chido

That's the Sony one from newegg, right? If so then just post over at the thread in the deals and discounts section. I'm sure someone who has harvested a diode from this drive will tell you which diode is which. ;)

chido said:
That's the Sony one from newegg, right? If so then just post over at the thread in the deals and discounts section. I'm sure someone who has harvested a diode from this drive will tell you which diode is which. ;)

I did, hopefully I'll get a reply. Jake made a thread regarding the power of the IR, I figured I would add my questions as well.

jake21

Custom Text
Reply #2 - Feb 4th, 2008, 9:36pm Quote from spyrorocks on Feb 4th, 2008, 9:05pm:
Still doesn't quite beat senkat's pre-installed diode price.
It might not beat the price, but an open can is capable of outputting 250mW with a plastic lens, 300mW with a glass lens and still have a decent life.

chido

goldfingerfif said:
[quote author=chido link=1204487067/0#6 date=1204488139]That's the Sony one from newegg, right? If so then just post over at the thread in the deals and discounts section. I'm sure someone who has harvested a diode from this drive will tell you which diode is which. ;)

I did, hopefully I'll get a reply.  Jake made a thread regarding the power of the IR, I figured I would add my questions as well.[/quote]

You already got a reply from DL, he said the left one was IR and the right one the red.

And jake, what did you just post?

jake21

spyrorocks said 250 mw,that the ir diode can handle is that write 250mw for the ir diode

chido

jake21 said:
spyrorocks said 250 mw,that the ir diode can handle is that write 250mw for the ir diode

Oh, never mind, I remeber those two posts. Dude, at least explain what you're posting. And we weren't talking about the IR diodes. Spyrorocks said these burners didn't beat Senkat's price since he sold diodes preinstalled in axiz modules for 3 bucks more. Then I said it didn't beat the prize, but these red open cans could output 300mW with a glass lens.
The IR diodes output around 80 - 90mW and I've heard you're supposed to drive them at 140mA so you can get a good life out of them.

The IR is still stuck in, anyway to get it out without a hacksaw? Once I scratched the glue off the red it fell right out.

jake21

just go slow with the hacksaw so u dont cute the diode and just twist the heatsink till it falls out with a flathead screw driver