Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Interesting thought...

Daedal

I wanted 3 Volts though... :-[

Thanx for the suggestion though... makes me wanna fidget with these batteries a bit;
DDL

stevetexas said:
2 lithium n-cell batteries with the positive lead tapped down should work...

if you use 2 it is 1.5v x 2 = 3v
you could even cut the spring down a bit to accomidate the extra length ;)

S

SenKat

The guy that did that Jetbeam mod HAD to have access to a lathe, I think...one of those would make this SO very much easier ! :D

Daedal

SenKat said:
The guy that did that Jetbeam mod HAD to have access to a lathe, I think...one of those would make this SO very much easier ! :D

I'm sure there is some sort of workaround for this... A lathe would most definitely make life so much easier though :(

--DDL

i like the first one i wish i new how to modify flashlights to use as a housing

Xenodius - nice find - that may come in very handy...

DDL - you could mount the body tube in a vice and bore/grind it out with a drill press to the desired diameter. Maybe even easier than using a lathe - I don't know how a lathe can cut from the inside of a tube although I'm sure there is a way

what do u guys think is the easiest jetbeam flashlight to mod because im going to try to put my burning laser in one and i would like help finding an easy one

Only one I know of the the AA 1W LED light, as in above YouTube video-- But dont get hasty so quickly! Wait till the big guys sort that stuff out. ;) ;D

Daedal

Xenodius said:
If this fits, then that would be a freakin' AWESOME host!

http://www.pts-flashlights.com/products/product.aspx?pid=67-6238

*cough* Someone with a good job and lots of income should try it *cough*

That does actually look like it MIGHT be a viable solution... one problem though. It makes the flashlight a little smaller... shorter rather. The flashlight as is fits the laser module and might end up becoming too short if it is change over to CR123A size. :(

Great find nonetheless;
DDL

Daedal

stevetexas said:
DDL - you could mount the body tube in a vice and bore/grind it out with a drill press to the desired diameter. Maybe even easier than using a lathe - I don't know how a lathe can cut from the inside of a tube although I'm sure there is a way

That is exactly what I am now trying to do. The problem is trying to get the battery holder centered properly and then finding the exact right drill-bit size! I have a grinding tool that would go a smidgen bigger and will try that soon enough, but my measurements show it still being too small. Also, I'm not sure about the thickness of the flashlight housing... IT seems to be big enough, but only a real test would tell :-/

--DDL

to center it I would get a bit that is nearly identical to the inner diameter of the tube and slide the bit into the tube making sire it fits snugly (best if it is a little work to get it back off).
Then, fit the end of the bit into the chuick of the drill press and tighten.

Lower the drill press (still "off") with flashlight body and bit (together) down into a vice.

Tighten the vice around the flashlight and then lift the bit out of the flashlight (separating the bit and the body). That should center it as long as everything is clamped into place.

As far as the right bit, bring your calpers and a cr123 with you to Home Depot and start looking. I'd give at least a 1mm diameter clearance...

Steve