Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

INFO: New Sharp Diodes: 3W/405nm, 6W/430nm, 7W/435nm Laser Diode Spec Sheets!

Amak87

LPF Site Supporter
I did some searching and I didn’t see anyone posting information about these newly released (March 2024) Sharp UV & Blue laser diodes, so here’s the info drop, I’ll be posting test results as soon as I can find where to purchase them!

1.) GH04V03Z9G-3,000mW-405nm-9mm
IMG_5511.jpeg

2.) GH04C06R9G-6,000mW-430nm-9mm
IMG_5512.jpeg

3.) GH04C07W9G-7,000mW-435nm-9mm
IMG_5513.jpeg

I’m looking forward to getting these diodes and testing them, I hope they’ll be able to be pushed to the 5-6A current levels without failure? Even if they can only take 4-5A, it’s still a high powered diode in a cool spectrum. I’ve been wanting to build a 4-5W 405nM laser, hopefully the 3W 405nm can be safely pushed to those levels?

They have higher divergence than the Nichia and Osram diodes, but they’re really in a different category considering the lower blue spectrum..

What do you guys think and has anyone found out where we can buy these bad boys?

Attachments

• IMG_5513.jpeg
    IMG_5513.jpeg
    195.7 KB · Views: 6

I never push diodes i always set it what the manufacturer specs are example if a diode is 1A! max 1.8A i set it at 950mA :alien:

The 435s released sometime early last year, I'm surprised they're still labeled as new. They aren't really that unique to me, just a slightly off color 445.

What kind of test equipment do you have? I do have a spare or two I'm not using... edit: I have 5. Will hold one for you OP in the thread but I'll make a sale thread for these. No sense in letting them collect dust

Last edited:
One benefit I can see with these blue diodes; more so the 430nm diode, is the ability to drive these hard whilst maintaining 444nm for pumping Pr:YLF systems. The NUBM44 is good, but they typically like to rise beyond 444nm when driven at high current. So this application requires binning of diodes which adds cost to the system.

The 435s released sometime early last year, I'm surprised they're still labeled as new. They aren't really that unique to me, just a slightly off color 445.

What kind of test equipment do you have? I do have a spare or two I'm not using... edit: I have 5. Will hold one for you OP in the thread but I'll make a sale thread for these. No sense in letting them collect dust
according to the manufacturer sheets, they were released 5 months ago, March 2024.

I’ll send you my shipping info, I have a bench power supple and LPM. I don’t have a spectrum analyzer but I can pass it along to my partner who has more equipment after I test and post my results?

I never push diodes i always set it what the manufacturer specs are example if a diode is 1A! max 1.8A i set it at 950mA :alien:

I hear you on that! That’s why I’m curious about these diodes.. I do like to push them, but for these handhelds we are making, with large heatsinks and short run times, we can get away with pushing them a little more.. even a laser that lasts 1000 hours is a very long life time!

I still have lasers i build in 2015 still today the show the same power. :alien:
Even if used for 20 minutes per day, not letting the diode overheat, at 1000hour lifetime(5% of spec sheet), an over driven diode would/should last for 8-9 years. These diodes are tested at 70*C/3A with ACC, at that spec, Nichia gives a 20,000 hour lifetime..

Driving a 3A diode at 5A, will absolutely decrease the lifetime, but like I said, even getting 5% of the 20,000 hours, you’ll have a diode that will last 8-9-10 years.. as long as the operation temperature stays below 60*C, and operating time is kept within the builders specs..

of course, that’s just an estimated value, I don’t have long enough experience to say 100%, but with a large heatsink and properly built setup, I don’t see any of the 5W diodes failing within 5years.

Would you agree with my theoretical assessment? lol

Also, I’m a big fan of the 405nm spectrum, I love that deep violet color, that’s why I found these sharp diodes. I really want to get a few of the 3W/405nm and see if I can get them to 5W. I was able to push one of my 50mW/405nm diodes to over 200mW, so I would hope that this sharp diode would be able to hit 5W. Even with a 90-95% reduction in lifetime, the trade off is well worth it.

According to some laser manufactures, diode power in the 450nm range will double every 5 years, it would be cool to see some 9mm diodes in the 15-20W range by 2030.

And I was also wondering if the diode size was increased by 50%, would it yield a larger Power output ? Any idea why they’re made so small? I was imagining that a 20mm diode could easily output 10-20W with the current manufacturing process?

What do you think?

Curious as to where you bought them from? Which diode do you have ?

Back