Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

In Dire Need Of Advice&Tips

I am looking for a parts/location list for a blue/violet laser. I'm joining the airforce and need to remove a couple of tattoos. i figured if this laser is hot enough to light a match then its hot enough to raise the skin. i have made a few attempts at making a DIY Laser but was not successful. Can any of these parts for the violet laser be found in household/electronics items. If i can make this work and if i have no problems in the process of removing my tattoos I'll keep it posted...possible side business in the future. Anyways...if anyone can help me out I'd really appreciate it.

Trevor

This won't remove your tattoo. The lasers they use for that are pulsed (peak power in the kW and MW - not mW), and way more serious than a DIY 405nm build.

Save yourself the headache and get it done professionally.

-Trevor

GBD

i'm gonna be busy studyin up on ASVAB so i might not be on here too often.
Text:XXXXXXXXX
Email: ...

Id edit up your post and get rid of your email/text.
Unless you want some spammage going around.

as for your original question, simple answer is as said, dont bother and get it done professionaly.

I'm not sure if this is the most alarming first post I've read, or the most hilarious.

Listen and understand; any attempt at DIY laser tattoo removal is bound to end in disaster. Real laser tattoo removal targets the pigments in your skin, not the skin itself (read through the wiki on this Tattoo removal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Think of what it would take to remove a tat with a Bic lighter. Now make it at least ten times slower and you'll have an idea of what you're proposing.

Seriously, sell something and see a pro. Good luck in the AF.