Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

illegal to use laser pointers in university buildings? [CA]

ixfd64

[CA] illegal to use laser pointers in university buildings?

I went to a dance today and brought my laser as usual. However, a resident assistant (RA) told me that laser pointers were not allowed in buildings, except during presentations. Since there is no mention about lasers in my university handbook, I challenged the RA to show me where it stated that lasers were not allowed in university buildings, and he said it was actually a California state law.

In comparison, I never had any problems while using my laser at school.

I would have told him to take a hike if it weren't for the fact that he was an RA; after all, RAs can write people up for violations.

Does anyone know if what the RA said about state laws was true, or was he just blowing out a load of hot air?

? Don't know sorry. I'm sure FDA ones would be approved, or maybe you can hold them just not use them

I searched and came up with NOTHING

Jaseth

Being in Europe I can't be at all certain of the laws where you are, but here using a laser at school or university is banned. These are just school rules and not national law though - the same which state that you may not carry alcohol, bbguns or knives to school either even though each of these things are legal outside of school.
I wouldn't risk it as there is quite a high risk of them actually being banned, and whether they are officially banned or not, people can still get pissed off.

Seb